Eddard Stark X Baratheon!Reader - Sister (Requested)

Start from the beginning

"You had Catelyn and I," Ned uttered and you shook your head at him with a small smile.

"You two are a part of my family. You're like another brother to me, Ned, and I'm sure Robert would say the same," you paused, turning to the girls. "Which makes me your aunt, so I'm allowed to tell you what to do," you paused again and smiled at Ned causing him to smile back. "So, stop adding to your father's stress with all of your pointless arguing. You aren't little girls anymore," you told them, pausing as they both nodded at you. "I'm starved and I need my bed. We should eat," you spoke as you took one of the two empty seats around the table. You could see Ned's smile as he took the seat beside you, watching the two girls who had lost their angry glares.

*Time Skip*

"You're a miracle worker, those girls have not stopped bickering since we arrived and you come in and they stop completely," Ned told you the evening after, whilst you waited for Renly and Lord Baelish to come to the small council meeting.

"I prefer the term convincing," you uttered back, sending him a small smile. "I was only telling the truth, when they are old and you and Cat are gone they will need each other," you told him with a small shrug.

"Well, thank you either way. It did a lot of good to be able to eat them yelling across the table," he smiled at you and you let out a small chuckle.

Soon after, the meeting came to a start, even Robert was there, which was not a common occurrence despite it being his council, he looked very frustrated, the stress almost leaking from him as he sat twiddling his thumbs.

"The Targaryen bitch has married into a Dothraki horde," your brother spoke and you flinched at how rough his voice sounded as he talked about the girl. She was practically a child and you pitied her if she was moving with a Khalasar; they weren't the most accepting people. "And she is with child, which we need to deal with," he added and you raised an eyebrow as everyone but you and Eddard made a noise of agreement.

"She's still a child herself," you spoke up and all eyes were on you. Of course they were, you were appealing against them, appealing to your brother's human side.

"She's a threat, if she has a son he will become one of the most powerful men in the Seven Kingdoms," Lord Baelish spoke at you with a smirk and you quirked an eyebrow.

"And if you kill her or her child you will have given the Khal twice the motivation to invade. For now, they'll not cross the seas, they don't like to travel by anything but horse, and from my experience, a boat is not a horse," you told them and they all chuckled a little.

"Then we wait until she has the baby and slit its throat?" Lord Pycelle questioned and you shot a glare at him.

"We are not going to murder a child. Anyone who has lost a child will tell you that you will want revenge against whoever caused the death, which in this situation would be us," you paused, thinking of your first son. "If you act against them it gives them every motivation to destroy us, and they do not fight by our rules. The Dothraki would slaughter every man they see, and rape every woman and child before enslaving them; I'm sure I speak for all women when I say we would rather that didn't happen," you told them and Robert let out a snort of laughter.

"I agree with Y/N, any action will be seen as an attack and they'll respond with force," Ned spoke up from beside you and you turned to nod at him in thanks. "What is the likelihood of her carrying the child to term successfully, anyhow? We could be starting a war for no reason."

"You are letting your emotions cloud your judgment," Robert chuckled and you shot him a pointed look.

"And you are letting your hatred for her family dictate your actions," you spat at him. "The girl has not done anything wrong. She didn't take Lyanna, Rhaegar did and he died for his crimes," you continued, watching as he started to glare at you.

"Get out," Robert spoke and you choked out a laugh until he got to his feet, slamming his hands down on the table and yelling it at you again. You quickly stood, walking towards the door as calmly as you could with your head held high. Once you were outside you heard Robert's voice echo out into the hall. "Where are you going Ned?" he asked.

"You are being unreasonable, and Y/N was right. The only reason you want the girl dead is because of her name, and I won't sit here and watch an innocent child be murdered because of your pigheadedness," Ned spoke calmly, and then you heard a clatter as he made his way out to you. You glanced at him, noting the absence of the Hand of the King pin that usually graced his tunic.

"What have you done Ned?" you questioned as he pulled you along the hallway towards the chambers where his daughters would be. "Ned?" you asked again as he paused to look at you.

"I'm leaving King's Landing, it won't be safe for the girls here now that I'm not the Hand," he told you and you breathed deeply. "I think it is best if you go to Winterfell with the girls, Robert can't protect you when you aren't speaking with one another," he paused again. "I can't watch one of my closest friends harmed, and the Lannisters will want you out of the way now that you aren't on your brother's good side," he told you as you finally made it into the chambers.

"Are you not coming?" you questioned hesitantly.

"I'll follow in a few days. I need to speak with Robert, he needs to understand why we are leaving," he told you.

You gave a short nod before speaking, "I'll go with the girls, but I'll have to go and pack my things," you uttered and he hugged you quickly.

"Jory will go with you," he started, gesturing to the man standing at the door, who nodded to you with a small smile.

"How long have you been planning this, Ned?" you asked as you looked at the two fully packed trunks that sat in the middle of the room.

"Long enough," he told you as he smiled sadly at you. "Now go, we won't have much time." He pushed you towards the door lightly and you went, allowing Jory to open the door for you and follow you to your own chambers where you quickly threw your things into a trunk.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x