Chapter 3

Song is How Long Will I Love You by Elle Goulding...

Stone records was located in Hollywood and as she drove past security check, she smiled as she looked up at the building that was her dads legacy one more time before finally driving to the parking garage and getting out of her car. She had always known that one day she'd have to take over and carry on his legacy but she never knew it would be this soon.

She grabbed her bag and put on her sunglasses and then made her way into the building. Swiping her card at the security check inside the building, she walked through and smiled when she saw Cole walking towards her.

"Hey. I saw you drive in, you're here early". He said sounding surprised.

"Well, asides from the fact that I have a meeting, I also figured that as the new CEO I have to set good examples for my subjects. Like you". She added in a teasing manner with a wink.

"I'm honored that you even thought of me". He said mockingly and they laughed.

He hooked her arm through his and led her towards the elevator leading to her dads office.

She hasn't been there since her dad died and even before then she mostly just comes to record her music or attend meetings or just visit her dad. There were a lot of things she knew that she had to learn.

Her dad had left Cole in charge for the time being and she was very grateful for that, atleast now she could take time off and get her shit together without thinking that the record label was burning to the ground.

Her father had loved Cole like his, and Cole had always loved her like his sister so it wasn't really a surprise when her dad had made him his legally and given him their name. Sometimes she wondered if there was a reason why Cole loved her fiercely and always did everything he could to make her happy and protect her.

Sure she knew siblings did that for each other but sometimes she couldn't help but think if there was another reason and she certainly hoped it wasn't all out of gratitude or that he felt obligated to.

Cole walked her to her new office, which was formally her dads office and immediately she stepped into the office memories stormed into her and her eyes clouded.

Cole pulled her into a hug and gave her a handkerchief he retrieved from his pocket while she tried to get a hold of herself, wiping away her tears.

Before she met Cole, all her childhood days were mostly spent in this room. It had just been her and her dad so they spent almost every moment together. This was where she realized she loved singing and would want to be a singer, this was also where her dad had told her how proud of her he was for the first time.

She held on to Cole as the memories threatened to overwhelm her and they just stood there, her head on his shoulder, his arms around her while one hand gently rubbed her back.

He didn't say anything to her because he understood her enough to know that words weren't needed and for that she was thankful.

"Ahem ahem" Anita coughed quietly from the doorway.

Cole and Samantha broke apart and turned to look at her.

"Hey Anita!! At least I came in early today". Samantha said, attempting to use humor and melt away any awkwardness although she didn't really feel like it.

"I can see that" Anita replied stressing on the see.

Is she seriously jealous of her and her brother??

Rolling her eyes Samantha went round the table to sit on her chair and gestured for them to sit as well. They ran through certain details concerning the upcoming meeting and when they were done she was ready to face the board.