{Platonic!Yun x reader} Always There

You sigh in defeat.

It's the third day of culinary school, and the teacher just roasted your ass with the way your dish looked. Your teacher is ruthless, taking everything over perfection.

"Another tough day?" Your friend asks. You look over at Yun.

"Yeah.. Chef called me out today." You grumble. Yun purses his lips, looking slightly annoyed.

"Your cooking is great! I don't see why they nag you about every little thing..." Yun protests. You smile wearily.

"It fine, Yun. They probably expect a lot out of me, that's all."

Yun shakes his head, "A little too much if you ask me." Yun receives a shrug in response.

---

Day after day goes by, and each one is a living hell.

In all honesty, if it weren't for Yun you would have been long gone by now. You despise every single one of your teachers. They torment you by pointing out every single mistake, and your dream to be a world known chef slowly but surely diminishes.

"(f/n)?" Yun snaps you out of your self misery.

"Huh? Yeah?" Yun looks at you, completely worried. You smile in reply.

"Don't worry, I'm fine."

"No, it's not!" Yun cries out. Your eyes widen in surprise with his sudden outburst, but beofre you could question anything Yun has ran away.

---

You didn't see Yun until the next week.

Classes became harder without your friend's constant support, and your happiness slipped from your fingers.

Everything is just so hard.

You don't want to admit your defeat, but it's about to burst out of you.

"Thank you." The secretary nods his head as you walk away with a piece of paper.

As soon as you fill out the paper, you can leave the school for good. Maybe working at your mom's little bakery is for the best. Being a world known chef seems like too much work anyway.

You close the door to your dorm room. The lights aren't on but your eyes quickly adjust. Darkness is a friend.

The paper is quickly filled out, the heavy weight slowly lifting form your shoulders.

Now, all it needs is a signature.

Your pen hits the dotted line but your hand trembles. Second thoughts cloud your mind.

'Do I really want this?'

'Of course.'

'But can't I hang on a little longer?'

'No way.'

'Yeah, but what about Yun.'

Your pen falls from your grasp. It falls to the floor and another noise becomes apparent. Someone is knocking on your door.

"(f/n)?" Yun's familiar voice shakes you.

He opens the door, peeking into the dark room. "(f/n)? Are you here?" He asks aloud.

You stand from your chair, crumpling the paper behind your back just as Yun flicks on the light. His eyes light up at your familiar figure.

"(f/n)! What are you doing in the dark? Never mind that, I haven't seen you in a while. Want to go catch up with some coffee?" He asks. You shift uncomfortably.

"Yun..."

Your hollow voice startles Yun. Now that he can get a good look at you he can see how pale you've become. You've lost a little weight, and your eye bags are worse than ever.

"(f/n)?"

Tears trail down your face and your throat chokes up. "I-I'm sorry." You gasp."I'm quitting, Yun. I can't take it anymore. I-I just can't!" Your body shakes with sobs as you collapse to your knees.

Yun runs to you, holding you in a tight embrace. He's shocked beyond belief- mad, even- but his first priority is what's in front of him. He can't just leave you here.

Yun rubs circles against your back, quietly listening to you cry. The massive pressure and weight slowly disperses into the air and leaves your body, but your future is still shadowed.

"...Are you good?" Yun whispers after you've quieted. You soundlessly nod your head, squeezing Yun tightly.

"Sorry." Your voice cracks. "I'm just tired."

"No, it's fine."

"...Hey, Yun?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you just... be there for me?"

"For how long?"

"After I graduate this shit ass school."

Yun chokes back a small laugh. Your shoulders relax when you feel him nod his head.

"Yeah, I can do that. I'll stay by your side after, too." He promises. "We can open a restaurant and throw it in the teacher's faces. Like partners in crime."

You smile warmly, happiness spreading throughout your body.

It's been a while since you've felt calm.

"You're a good friend, Yun."

Yun hums in content.

---

"Yun!!" You cry out. The strawberry blonde college student jumps at the alarming sound of his name. You grab his arm, weaving through crowds in attempt to drag Yun to the front of the crowd.

"Look! My score!" You shout happily. Yun looks up, up, and up the board. At the very top he sees you name.

You passed the final with a perfect score.

Months and months of harsh torment and you're one of the only ones that scored flawlessly. Yun came a close second.

"I did it!!" You shout victoriously. Passing students give you a pat on the back, congratulating you and giving you smiles. They know the pain you dealt with, so they can't help but know you've earned the score.

"Wow you really did!" Yun amazes at the score. You give him a quick hug.

"Thank you, Yun, for being there for me."

Yun scoffs after pulling away. "I promised, didn't I?"

"Don't act cocky."

"Shut it!"