Chapter 6: Childish Fantasies

• Dedicated to My Fans

Here is where I think everything starts to speed up and get more interesting. We learn a little more about the shadow creatures and have a little one on one interaction with Rose Tyler and the Doctor. Again, I hope you like the chapter. Please comment, and vote. I've decided to post early because I was really excited about writing more. So, enjoy!

Note: If something is italicized, it is because it is what Jessie is hearing or thinking about. It also has to do with date/setting.

********************************

Childish Fantasies

12 years later...

I sat in my bed staring at the wall for what seemed like the longest time. It was almost as if I expected something to pop out, but deep inside I knew it was more than that.

"Doctor! No!"

"Find me."

"Find the blue box before it's too late!"

"Jessie! I will find you!"

A sudden flash of images and words overwhelmed me. They were the strangest things I had ever seen. It was as if they were soft whispers and surrounded me all at once. And as soon as they were gone, there was nothing left, I merely forgot.

The one thing that never left me was this feeling of dread and sadness. I couldn't quite understand it, I didn't know what I was sad about to begin with.

A single tear rolled down my cheek as I exhaled briefly before running my hands through my red wavy hair.

A knock on my door broke the silence. The door jerked open suddenly startling me out of my inner turmoil.

"Jessie? You're going to be late for your photo shoot."

My manager walked into the room with a concerned look spread on her face. "I rang twice, but you never picked up. Jessie, are you okay?"

I stood up trying to hide the tremor in my voice and shaking of my hands.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I murmured getting up off my bed as I wiped my tear-stained cheeks and wet eyes.

"Are you sure? I can cancel the shoot if you're not feeling fine." My manager walked closer to me about to pull me into a hug, but I anticipated it in time.

I backed up almost too quickly and slammed into my desk causing the vase full of blue flowers to shatter into a million pieces leaving only a flurry of blue behind in its wake.

I bent forward to pick up the shards of glass and all the while I couldn't help but to stare at the brilliant blue flowers. I don't recall how I got them, and now they were just there.

"Oh my god! Jessie! Are you alright? Are you hurt?" The manager rushed towards my side frantically. She pulled me away from the broken vase anxiously.

"It's nothing." I murmured softly as I stood up slowly staring once more down at the blue roses.

To be honest, I didn't sound that convincing at all. I couldn't shake this feeling that I had been feeling for the longest time. After last night's dream, I didn't know what to think.

I keep telling myself that it couldn't have meant anything, it was just a dream. I lie to myself everyday because I know deep inside that I haven't felt the least bit alright since my parents died.

Everything about them remains confusing to me, and everything about my past seems to have been shattered like the crystal vase that now lay on my wooden floor.

"Jessie, there isn't the least bit of nothing on your face. Tell me, what happened to you? What's going on? I'm only trying to help you!" She exclaimed in frustration.