Chapter 21: Red Fears

Red Fears

"Doctor, this isn't Earth. I don't think I've seen any place like this before."

Death fanned his lighter out in front of him. Just then a row of lights turned on stretching out towards what seemed to be an infinite line.

"Where are we, Doctor?" I leaned down to pick up the pebbles from the ground, but they dissapated into dust soon after.

"I don't know, but definitely not Earth. Let's explore, shall we?" He turned to his brother and then me with a smile.

"Don't you see Doctor? This is where we've been heading this entire time." Death walked forward with a somber expression on his face.

He stepped forward, and then a door shot upwards with a single circular window in the center.

Death pulled open the handle and entered leaving the Doctor and me behind.

We both stared off at the door and then at each other before the door opened quickly again to reveal Death's face hanging out the side of the door.

"Well, aren't you coming?" He waved his hand at the two of us as he opened the door revealing the dismal scene in the next room.

The Doctor's brow furrowed as he walked ahead of me into the next room. I slowly followed him into the next room.

A set of glass windows revealed a range of woman trapped in an infinite recycled state of time. One scene replayed in each chamber over and over again.

"Doctor, I think we've found them. I think we've found all of them," I watched in horror as my eyes were drawn to one particular scene.

It's the companions it's all of them. Every single one of them, God, how old is the Doctor? Am I somewhere here?

I spotted Rose in the left corner of the room. It was like the scene I had seen before except Rose had long blonde hair this time. The Dalek came closer to her and barked at her menacingly.

Every single time loop was the same for Rose. She backed away with a look of anguish on her face before the Dalek zapped her with his laser. But then the cycle would begin again and she would come back to life.

"Doctor, it's the same for all of them. Just a different fear, a different monster. You should stay back, it could get Timey Wimey very quickly," I said.

He nodded in response, but his eyes lingered on the chamber with Rose. His eyes never left her chamber.

"Death, I thought Amy was with us, but she's over there." I raised my eyes to acknowledge Amy trapped in a forest with weeping angels.

"She never was with you, but I suspect she's been through this before." He smiled to himself.

"What are we going to do? Or, maybe it would be better to ask what should we do?" I crossed the room to look at some faces that were unfamiliar to me.

"He's quite a hoarder, isn't he?" He smirked sarcastically.

"What are you even talking about?" I raised my eyes in confusion.

"He's a hoarder of humans. Ian and Barbara down there were practically kidnapped! He never changes, does he? Young, attractive women, he won't have anyone else! He's fascinated with the lot of you!" Death seemed amused as he perused the chambers.

"This isn't his fault. He doesn't deserve this, any of this. The prophecy wasn't his doing." I shook my head in denial.

"Of course it was! He had to press that big red button! He chose his fate just as you did yours, you never had to be a savior. You became one because he made you. Doesn't it bother you how he is so controlling? Do this, go to the seventeenth closet! I wish you could see it for yourself." He stood beside the chamber with Donna.