"How long have you guys been standing there?" Jake asked. I started panicking again. They would have heard everything, and then everything would be ruined.

"Long enough," Mark said walking through the doorway, looking as mad as hell at his sons and ignoring me. My heart was jumping in my throat; it was like I had just run a marathon the way my heart was beating.

"It's nothing Mum, just Jake ruining everything like always" Jay moved out of his mother's touch so she would stop fussing over him when Jake let out a dry laugher.

"Oh, hot kettle black Jay" Jake said dryly.

"Shut it, Jake!" Jay pushed off the sofa to walk over to the window away from everyone.

"I think one of you should start talking," Mark said.

"Yes! Why would you call Kate a whore Jay?" Sally asked. "Better more what was all this about her doing her job and pimping?" Oh God, they heard everything, this couldn't get any worse.

"What's going on in here?" officially I was wrong, I thought as Jake whole family walked through the door. Paul, Lilly and Connor even.

"Yer what's with all the shouting? People can hear from outside" Connor asked as he shut the door. Was that open the whole time? God knows who else heard.

"Jakes just punching his brother and Kate is some kind of prostitute" Sally waved her hands in the air in a dramatic fashion after sitting back on the sofa, resting her head in her hands.

"I'm not..." I was about to defend what little of my honour I had when Jake interrupted me.

"She is 'not' a prostitute," he said angrily back at his mother.

"What?" Lilly asked confused.

"What the hell's going on?" Mark said with his hands on his hips looking at his family.

"Mother..." Jake finally voiced after an awkward moment of silence.

"Don't Mother me, boy, tell me what the hell is going on here or help me, God..."

"Kate and I aren't a couple" Jay explained as I wanted the floor to eat me in whole.

"What?"

"She's an escort"

"An escort!" Both Mark and Sally looked at me in shock. I didn't know if I should say or do anything so I just looked to the floor in shame.

"I paid her to pretend to be my girlfriend for the week"

"But why?" Jays Dad asked confused.

"I had enough of your matchmaking Mother. I just wanted to come this week without you introducing me to every one of your friend's daughters"

"But to get a prostitute Jay!" Sally pointed her finger at me with pure disgust.

"She's not a PROSTITUTE" Jake waved his hands frustratingly in the air.

"Whatever! It doesn't matter what she is. Jay, how could you do this? Bring a stranger into our family and lying to us all. I mean who really is this girl! She could go straight to the press with everything she's learnt about us!" Lilly said angrily at Jay and me.

"I would never do that" I tried to keep silent, but I couldn't let them all think all that.

"Oh and we're meant to just trust you? You've been lying to us this whole week Kate! Is that even your name?" Lilly asked disappointingly crossing her arms over her chest.

"Yes," I looked to the floor.

"Hey don't take it out on her! This mess is all Jays" Jake tried to stand up for me but everything is just falling to the ground around us.