➈

"You want something to drink?" Oscar opened the refrigerator, examining what was inside before going to reach for the soda in the back.

"Beer," Marisol answered, making Oscar take his hand back, "or if you have something stronger, that's fine."

Oscar let out a deep breath, moving away from the Sprite, to the cans of Modelo sitting next to it. He grabbed two, closing the door of the refrigerator. He walked over to Marisol, opening hers before handing it over, "Let's start off light for tonight."

He kept in mind that he would eventually have to drive her back home tonight, taking one sip before setting his drink down.

Marisol rolled her eyes, putting the can to her lips, her head going back as she gulped down the alcohol with ease. She slammed the can down on the table, rising from her seat as she made her way over to the kitchen cabinets.

She began to open them individually, "What else you got?"

Her eyes read over the labels, "No, too fruity. Too harsh. Oo," Marisol grabbed the already opened bottle of Patron, struggling to screw the top off.

"Woah," Oscar reached down, snatching the bottle from her, "don't get too carried away."

"Oh, come on! It's Saturday," she scoffed, taking the alcohol back, "you got anything better to do?"

Marisol successfully got the top off, finding two cups before pouring a decent amount of liquor in them.

Oscar shook his head as she held out the cup to him, "I have to drive."

Marisol shrugged, finishing the drink for him after she finished hers.

After too many shots, Oscar decided it was time for Marisol to get some air to help sober her up. She drunkly argued she was fine, but went with him anyways.

Oscar stood outside, lighting a cigarette as Marisol began to entertain the fellow Santos of the house.

"I'm not going to argue with you anymore, chiquita," Ojos calmly stated, taking a hit of his blunt before passing it along the line, "Andrew Garfield was the best Spiderman."

"Bullshit!" Marisol's eyes widened, spilling some of her drink on the lawn, "Tom Holland is the most relatable Spiderman there's ever been."

"Horrible actor," Ojos shook his head, "I didn't shed one tear when he vanished."

Marisol questionably stared at the tear drop tattoo under his left eye before focusing back on their discussion, "Whatever, everyone knows he is the best Spiderman."

Marisol finished her fifth cup, tossing in the trash before getting out of her chair. She left the men to discuss what movies Marvel are planning for Phase Four, as she went up to Oscar. "Why are you over here?" She raised her eyebrow at him, finding it hard to keep her balance when she stood still.

Oscar blew out the smoke from his cigarette, "Because I have no idea what the fuck you guys are talking about over there."

He let out a laugh, taking another drag, "And I'm thinking."

"About what?" Marisol slurred, Oscar noticed her eyes beginning to turn pale red and become glossy.

"Not important," he shook his head.

"Tell me," the girl sang, swaying back and forth jokingly.

"Tell me what was wrong with you before," Oscar reminded her of why she got drunk in the first place.

Marisol's drunken happiness came to an end and her face noticeably fell, "It was just family stuff."

"Like what?" He asked, his eyes narrowing as he took the cigarette from his lips, exhaling.

"Monse decided to look for my mom and she found her and now she wants to meet me! Well, not like meet me, but you know-" Oscar instantly felt guilty for bringing up the conversation, knowing Marisol's history with her mother. Marisol was roughly around the age of eight when Selena left, leaving the vivid image of herself behind for her daughter to remember.

Unlike Monse, Marisol was plagued with memories of what their family was like before it was broken, making it hurt more.

"Yeah, I know," Oscar nodded slowly, thinking about the absence of his own mother.

"I don't want to talk about this anymore," Marisol shook her head, placing a false smile back on her face as she took Oscar's hand in hers, "come on, more Patron!"

I SAW THIS ON TUMBLR AND IT MADE ME LAUGH SO HARDFJCDJDKJ

also is it just me or does wattpad freeze for you guys or take really long to load??? idk wattpads kinda annoying now with all the ads and stuff like i literally get ads when i'm reading my OWN stories like are you kidding me