T w e n t y F o u r

Start from the beginning

That one simple girl.
Her height not that tall, just around Meredith height of 5'5, dirty blonde hair that was scooped back into a high sleek ponytail, two small braids weaves into the side, embellished with 2 small silver rings. Her face a blur as she took on the Joker and Harlequin. She seemed to radiant fearlessness but also that lingering smell of being naive. She was in over her head but God did she pull it off.

I wanted to run in and help fight them off, follow my birth right but Father forbid it, he'd rather send in Dick than trust me, his own flesh and blood, his son. But he'd rather me fraternise with the pawns and common folk then fulfil my birth right.

It enraged me, even more so at Meredith clinging to my being, the grovelling off people towards the loss of their greed. It made me sick.

Almost makes me wish I could cleanse humanity. It's a filthy world we live in.

Walking through these halls just makes me want to lash out and scream. Everyone in here a fake imposter in their own lives, it's sickening really. When you see the bigger picture.
But duty calls, time to embrace the pawns again, another Dose of futile ignorance.

My stalking footsteps came to halt as the stumbling footsteps of another caught my attention, turning the corner my body was brashly flung against another's, a smaller frame colliding into me.
Before I could heave the feeble clutter of delicate muscle and bone the source of the body collapsed to the ground.

"Scarlett"

She just lay there on the ground, her eyes all in a frantic haze, her worlds slurring as she lay lifeless, inanimate in numbness drunken into her muscles.
"Scarlett" I say once again staring down at her.

It was then I confirmed to myself that something was deafeningly wrong. It was clear through the helplessness in her eyes but the blood smudged from her swollen bottom lip, smudged across her chin with the lightest trickle down her neck.

The more I looked the more I realised how ill she looked, how ghostly she had turned.

" Scarlett hey—." "Scarlett-Scarlett"
I knelt at her side taking her head in my hands trying my best to keep her in consciousness. My heart beginning to quicken for the first time in months, a twist in my lower stomach foreign to me as I tried to shake the feeling off.

Before I could comprehend her eyes fluttered shut, her long lashes brushing her flushed Rosen cheeks.

" Hello Alfred—I need you to get to the school as soon as possible—."

" Master Damien what ever is it?—What has happened, are you alright?"

" I'm fine, a girl at school has passed out. I need your help."

" I'll call an ambulance-."

" No—just phone the doctor so I can get her to the manor,"

" As you wish, I'll phone Bertrand."

Call Ended.

Damien flew through the front doors of the manor holding Scarlett freezing body in his arms.

Never in his life did he fear having someone's life in his hands.