It was Perfect or so I thought

Picture:Road map from Ibadan to Abuja Nigeria

Hey guys, my name is Wazeera. This is my first story on Wattpad and I hope you enjoy it because I am going to give it my all.........

@hopesprayersnsmiles thanks for being an inspiration

Is that Dad's voice? I asked myself peeping through the breached hole of my mosquito repellant net. My mum had gotten it for me weeks earlier when I was about to travel to Ibadan

It was the rainy season in Nigeria and the mosquitoes can be annoying. I had breached an hole into it while trying to set it up when I arrived at my Granny's house in Ibadan.

It was late at night and my dad was just arriving from Abuja so we could travel back together the next morning. "He mustn't know that I am still awake" I muttered to myself. I quickly switch off my phone and pretend to be asleep. The door creaked and someone (obviously my dad) entered, thinking I was asleep je whispered "sweet dreams hon" and he went out.

I brought out my phone and continued to go through my wattpad. I soon fell asleep

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

The house was bustling with activities the next morning. I woke up late and had just prayed subh. I could hear my aunt yelling from the kitchen that Zayd and Harith should get ready for Coaching on time. It was the long break and they were taking holiday lessons at their school.
My Younger cousins were playing in the living room. My Teen Uncles were arguing about the football match between Nigeria and Tanzania. How Iheanacho had scored the winning goal and how we could have done better.

My grandma was reading the Saturday Punch newspaper at the exact spot grandpa used to. i walked to her side and said "As Salam alaykum wa rahmatullah Mama" she didn't wear her usual happy face ''Wa alaykum salaam warahmatullah wabarakatuh oko mi" She answered reluctantly. Must be due to the fact that I would be leaving for Abuja today.

My dad signalled to me across the room to go and get ready for the journey. "I would be right back Mama" she didn't answer.
My aunt called me before I entered my room "Safira, do you want eggs with your yam or beans? I want you to enjoy your last meal here before you leave" My uncles laughed and Uncle Talha who happened to be my favourite said "you want her to have good memories of you Amina after all the yelling and nagging of 3 weeks" we all laughed except my grandma who said immediately ''go and get ready don't waste your daddy's time " I then told my aunt to add eggs.

It was time to leave when I realised how much I would miss my family. This was the first time I would stay this long with them. My dad only allowed us stay for 3 days at most and that was only for Eid celebration. He was always complaining about how not safe it was to stay there as if he didn't grow up in that same house. He and grandma didn't get along well ever since grandpa died. My dad somehow thinks it was grandma's fault. But I don't like to think about it too much.

My dad told me while I was packing my bags how he didn't want me to get too attached and how the mosquitoes have ravaged my skin though I can't see a single sign of mosquito bite on my skin. My grandma always ensured we use our nets and clean the house well.

Zayd and Harith would be going to school and dad was supposed to drop them off after which we would go on. It was a long journey. We usually will take a flight but the economy is not very encouraging and the weather is scary.
Dad bought everything we needed. "Do you want anything else hon" I nodded "I would like akara and bread. He was about to step out and I added "shortbread and cway peach too. Don't forget sneakers and bounty. Thank you daddy I smiled happily. He nodded and smiled back.

It took 8 hours to drive to Abuja. Dad was extremely tired by the time we got home and I was met with the greatest surprise of all times My big brother was home. It was like I was on top of the world. The last time I saw him was 4 yrs back. He had said the that he would only be back after he got his degree. I was very tired but wanted him to tell me everything. I no longer give long hugs to men, last year when I was 15, my mum had instructed but said except your dad and Muhsin, my brother but I didn't listen so I don't give long hugs. Before my brother and I could talk, my mum came down from her room and faulted me for not going up to say Salam to her. She said after hugging me "Safi hon, after you are done with your chit chat there is food on the table for you to eat" I nodded happily. My brother and I talked until it was almost time for maghrib. Then we heard a knock on the front door. ''who is it? Come in the door is open" The door opened to reveal the person behind it and my jaw dropped in horror.............

The chapter is short but it will get longer as I proceed.
Please please like and comment. Thanks