with her slice, savoring every bite and stalling. When she set her fork down, she began to gather up her courage. "Um, Mitsukuni."

He glanced up, realizing that she wanted to say something serious, and set his own fork down. "Yeah?"

"Um, okay, I was advised that I should tell you this," Rika said, adjusting her shirt. "And, uh, well." She swallowed and kept her gaze down. She just couldn't bring herself to meet Honey's bright, brown eyes. "Whenever I see you, I just see, like, this image of you and-and Hayakawa. And it's unpleasant and it ruins everything but the image won't go away. So-" She looked up at him. "So, I think, if I can somehow get rid of the image, then things will be fixed. But I don't know how to get rid of it, so."

Honey nodded slowly. Then he stood. "Can I try something to change that?" She stood too, suddenly feeling anxious. "Okay."

"Come on." He exited the kitchen and as they turned through the halls, she had a hunch as to where they were going. And she was right when he led her to his bedroom. He shut the door behind her, then he picked a box up off his desk.

He held up a pocky stick with an uncertain smile. "Let's try playing the pocky game!" "Uh, sure."

The two stood facing each other. As Honey stepped closer and closer towards Rika, she became aware of her pounding heartbeat. And that nervousness that made her want to run away. It was the giddy kind of nervousness that you feel when you're talking to your crush. She hadn't felt this sensation in a long time. The butterflies were dancing again.

"Chocolate?" he asked. She nodded and took a bite of the pocky. The bittersweet chocolate and the crunchy biscuit all melted in her mouth as the two edged closer and closer, nibbling.

Uwaa! She squeezed her eyes shut, already blushing even before their lips met.

Then the chocolate was gone and they were just kissing. She could still taste the remains of the pocky and that sweet taste of Honey. It didn't take long before that blazing fire ignited inside of her. His hands wrapped around her waist, kissing her with a fervor like never before. And she pulled at

him, trying to bring him closer. She wanted to erase every trace of Hayakawa that might still be on

him, trying to bring him closer. She wanted to erase every trace of Hayakawa that might still be on him. And to make Honey hers and hers only.

Rika's POV:

Friday. It seemed Mitsukuni's plan had worked, because whenever I saw him, I just remembered yesterday. And then my face would turn red hot and I'd look away. He giggled, probably amused by my reaction. But gosh. It is a bit embarrassing you know?

We didn't talk much, just passing greetings. It felt like things were better though.

Mom had an official birthday party planned on Saturday. It was more a business party than anything. Since I was turning eighteen, there'd be a much larger turnout than last year. Families and businesses who wanted to work with me in the future had to show up if they wanted to make an impression. After all, once I graduated high school, I'd be playing an increasingly larger role in the family business.