It's a dream. It's got to be a dream!
When I opened my eyes, though, they were still standing there. And Mitsukuni was holding her hand.

Not my hand. He was standing next to her. Not next to me.
I swallowed again, but the lump refused to move. I opened my mouth, but not a sound came out. I

breathed in. I breathed out.

"What?" I managed to squeak out, blinking furiously.

"I don't really want to say it again, Rika," Mitsukuni replied with a small frown.

"Why?"

"Isn't it obvious?" he asked again.

I shook my head. "No. Why the hell would it..."

Mitsukuni sighed. "I was hoping I could break up with you in a nicer way, Rika, but I guess not. You see, I'm in love with Aya."

Aya... Aya...
"Why?" My voice trembled.

"I just like her more," he said, scooting closer to her. "And I just don't like you anymore. That's all." He shrugged, as if we were discussing an easy math problem.

"And?" I asked. "What does it-"

"You still don't get it?" He sounded irritated. Then he reached over and started pushing me out of the room. "Get out! You're so annoying!"

"Wait!"

The door slammed in front of me.

"Mitsu-Mitsukuni!" I started pounding fiercely on the door. Now that I couldn't see him, now that I couldn't see the two of them right next to each other, I had the courage to scream out my thoughts. "What do you mean that's all? How can it be that's all? After everything we did together? I thought you said you- You swore you'd keep the kidnappers away from me! How the hell are you going to do that when you're doing-doing... stuff! With Hayakawa! You idiot! You big fucking idiot! Why can't you just give me an excuse? Why can't you just say it isn't what I think it is? Why do you have to-"

Arms swept me off the ground and I started flailing. "Let me go! Kyoya! Put me down!" The tears were falling before I knew it, and I turned into a sobbing, pathetic mess.

He set me down gently on a couch far from the backroom. Then he handed me a handkerchief and looked away.

Stop crying. Don't let him - you can't let him. No. Don't let him hear you crying. I took a deep breath in, trying to suck all the tears back inside.

"Calm down, Rika," he said quietly.
"Calm down!" I yelled at him, the urge to cry quickly replaced with frustration and anger. "How can