Chapter 25: Gaara vs Rock Lee: The Power of Youth Explodes

ابدأ من البداية

Lee's hand shot up catching an item in his hand. "Why are you in such a hurry?" He asked Gaara, dropping the cork from his hand. The redhead kept silent not feeling as if he had to explain himself.
"Well...If your both ready, you may begin." Hayate announced. Lee charged towards Gaara as the word "Begin" left Hayate's mouth.

"Leaf Hurricane!" A small gasp left Lee's mouth as sand blocked his attack. He jumped back as the sand grew taller. A Sand Manipulating Justu? It will not be easy, but easy is boring! Lee thought watching the sand retreat back into the younger Genin's gourd.

So that's what's in that guy's gourd! Sand! Who would have thought! Naomi and Naruto thought staring at Gaara's gourd.

The older genin ran back to Gaara, every swing, punch, and kick was blocked by Gaara's sand. Lee quickly grasped a kunai in his hand as he started blocking the sand's movement towards him. His eyes widen as the sand advanced his range of speed.

Lee threw his shuriken towards the gourd, which only concluded in a miss. Lee grunted slowly becoming frustrated with the situations as a bead of sweat went down his head. How is he doing this He hasn't lifted up one muscle!
"The sand! He's using it as shield!" Naruto said in awe, Kankuro chuckled dryly. "He's not doing it, the sand is protecting him from his own accord."

"What!?"

"Huh!?"

"It's almost like it's a living thing." Kankuro said giving them a side glance as he explained, "It wil come to Gaara's defense without him doing anything. That's why Gaara has never been injured. No one has even been able to touch him..."

"Well? Is that all? I hope you haven't finish entertaining me, we haven't even had enough blood." Gaara spoke up, for the first time since the match started. The sand shot towards Lee getting a quick grasp on his leg, giving him a side-to-side movement before slamming his body to the wall.

Lee instantly got back onto his feet charging at Gaara again, over and over again.

Sakura quietly furrowed her eyebrows together before speaking up. "Why doesn't he use ninjutsu? Taijutsu is obviously not working if he got some distance and does a ninjutsu move he'd have a better chance." Sakura asked no one in particular.

Gai cleared his throat not looking towards her, still watching Lee. "That's a good idea that is if he had any." Sakura let out a small 'huh' before focusing her gaze on Lee's sensei. "Lee has no ninjutsu or genjutsu skills at all." Gai explained to the pinkette. "You're kidding!" Sakura exclaimed.

Gai chuckled softly. "That's nothing, you should have seen what he was like before I met him. He was hopeless. No talent what-so-ever." "R-Really? I can't believe it...." Sakura said quietly.

Lee jumped back quickly, but the sand speed was too much for him. He slipped on the sand falling onto his back, his eyes widen as sand came forward to trap him.

"Lee!" Sakura exclaimed. Gai shook his head with a proud grin directing his attention to the air where a back flipping Lee landed on the highest point in the arena.

"A ninja who cannot do ninjutsu or genjutsu is a rarity, Lee only has his Taijutsu to rely on. Some may consider that a disadvantage, but that's what makes him a winner. Alright Lee! Take em' off!"

Lee slowly saluted. "But...Gai-sensei....I thought you said it was a las-" Lee started only to get cut off by Gai. "That's right I did! But this is an expectation!" A grin gradually made it' way to the bushy browed boy's face. "Really!?" Lee said happily as he slid off his leg warmers and took off one weight from each both his legs.

"Is that....." Ino started. "How old fashion...." Shikamaru commented, watching Lee take them off. "Totally awesome!" Naruto and Naomi shouted with a goofy grin. "Totally dumb." Kankuro mocked, them.