Chapter 17 - All done with your pity party?

"Ow, not so rough," Rex complained, grabbing her wrists to emphasise his point.

Evie bit her tongue from saying something sarcastic and simply nodded.

She washed his chest, stomach and shoulders, making sure to avoid travelling any lower.

Rex grunted in annoyance. "You're washing me like a babysitter would wash a kid." He stretched his arms above his head and yawned. "Are you going to dress me in my batman pjs after you're done?"

Evie noticed that he couldn't seem to stop himself from yawning. Would he fall asleep soon?

"Are you tired?"

"Yeah. Murder really takes it out of me," he replied, rubbing his eyes.

His comment immediately caused the memories of the last few hours to come flooding back.

"I want you to be awake for this."

The steam from the shower suddenly felt thick in the air, she couldn't breathe. A shaky breath escaped her lips as her legs buckled underneath her.

"Shit!" Rex yelled as he dived towards her, catching her under the arms.

She wrapped her arms around his neck as he pulled her close, their naked bodies intertwined.

"You alright?" He panted in her ear.

She tightened her hold, telling herself that it was to keep her from falling, but deep down she knew that it was because she longed for human interaction. Or more specifically, affection.

Tonight she had nearly died. She just wanted to be held, to be reassured that everything would be ok.

Even if it wasn't.

It seemed as though he got the hint, as his hands travelled down to wrap around her waist.

She knew that what she was doing was wrong, but she honestly didn't care. Tomorrow she would have to deal with the consequences, but right now, she was going to lose herself in the moment.

His gentle caress as he traced her spine had her sighing and nuzzling her face into his neck. His natural earthy scent overwhelmed her senses. The first time she had awoken in this prison she had scrubbed his scent from her skin, afraid that it would somehow taint her. But right now, she couldn't seem to get enough.

She gently traced his abs with her fingertips, biting her lower lip as she did. She felt his body react to this, as he pushed himself against her. He groaned as she rubbed her leg against his excitement.

She squealed in surprise as he lifted her, wrapping her legs around his waist as he pressed her back against the wall.

His large hand pinned her hands above her head while his eyes raked over every inch of her body.

For the first time since she had met him, Rex's harsh hazel eyes didn't frighten her.

His wet lips found hers in a surprisingly gentle kiss. She closed her eyes and parted her mouth, allowing his tongue to slip inside. She moaned as the heat quickly built between them. He slid his hand up her thigh causing her to break the kiss.

"Wait," she panted, resting her head against his chest.

"Why?" He asked, clearly frustrated that she had stopped him.

She couldn't answer him. They were so many reasons why she shouldn't, but she doubted that he'd want to hear any of them.

She didn't lift her head from his chest and when he didn't immediately put her down, one terrifying second passed where she thought he might continue.