2

"I think here's good." you stated as James and you approached a big tree. Your Pokemon, Thunder, a Luxio, sat down, giving her fur a quick lick. Thank God you had gotten your Pokéballs after that brief encounter with the others.

"You know, I knew there was something familiar about you, from the moment I saw you for the first time after all those years." you admitted as the two of you sat down. "I just didn't have the courage to ask you...after all, you're supposed to be our rival."

"Oh, (Y/N). Just like you to not want to approach someone." teased James.

You blushed before giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.

Your thoughts soon wandered. What was the rest of your team doing? You could hardly see them teaming up with Meowth and Jessie to find the two of you. Lost in thought, it took you a bit to realize James was now leaning on you; a bit awkward considering the height difference. When you did, you smiled softly and did the same. Thunder curled up next to you. Who knows what would have happened had you not met Ash? You knew it was likely that you would have never reunited with James.

Soon, you fell asleep under the starry night.

TIMESKIP (brought to you by my 538 pictures of James on my phone.)

You woke up to the sun rising ahead. Forgetting James was leaning on you, sleeping, you stood up.

"Oof!" James exclaimed, falling on his side.

"O-oh, sorry!" you stuttered.

James seemed to pause a bit, making you blush a great deal, but he soon said, "Oh, it's okay."

The sun was soon blazing above, and you got to your feet. Thunder immediately brushed against your leg. "Aw, hi, Thunder." you smiled.

James seemed mesmerized. You tried to ignore it, but you really didn't want to ignore it. He eventually snapped out of it and got up.

"So, what do we do now? I mean, our teams were always rivals, but they must be really tense, now." you stated.

"Perhaps we should just compensate? One of us can join the other team, maybe? They can't do much if it's our own choice." James suggested.

"..well, in truth, it might not be so bad if I joined you." you hesitated to say. You did think it might be better. You tried to convince yourself it'd be okay.

"Well, they must be looking for us. Should we get going, or stay here?" asked James.

"They'll find us in their own time. It's not cold or anything; let's wait." you answered, unconsciously putting your arm around him.

A few minutes passed like this, your arm around James. You were again caught off guard by how attractive, by physical appearance and personality, he was. You were blushing quite a lot.

A flock of Spearow and a Fearow passed overhead. A feather dropped down, landing on your lap. You put it in James's hair when he wasn't paying attention.

It felt like hours, but it wasn't too long until you heard two faint calls. Close together, too.

"(Y/N)?" called three voices.
"James?" called two.

"Pika-pi!"
"Wobbbbbuffet!"

"They must be close." you murmured.

"..Indeed." replied James.

Neither of you made an effort to call back to the voices.

Soon enough, the voices were far closer. They must have been using one of their Pokemon to track.

In truth, you were terrified at joining Team Rocket. What would Team Ash think? In fact, if you ever saw any of your old friends again, what would they think?

You looked up, considering expressing this. When you did, you were greeted with a reassuring look.

He understood.

That moment reaffirmed your choice.

They would turn the corner any moment now. You stood up with James. He protectively grasped you; there was no way he would let anyone make fun of or insult you for joining Team Rocket.

"There you are, (Y/N)!"
"Hey, Jess, it's James! And that Luxio!"

Just like last time, an awkward silence fell over the seven of you.

Suddenly, Ash exploded. "I didn't know Team Rocket resorted to kidnapping now! What are you doing with (Y/N)?" he yelled. Misty pulled him by the ear, dragging him off.

"Nobody was kidnapped, you oblivious idiot." Misty grumbled.

Brock looked completely heartbroken. Whoops.

On the other hand, Meowth and Jessie were clapping. And smirking. But, you could tell they were genuinely relieved to see James and that they were actually...proud.

"Good job, Jim, ya got yourself a girlfriend." Meowth grinned.

"I never thought the day would come." added Jessie.

You and James were still silent. Then, you remembered.

"G-guys, I have to say something." you announced.

Everyone turned their attention to you. This was hard. By now, everyone in Team Ash respected you greatly.

"I..." you began.

"I'm-uh..."

You were struggling terribly. You looked up at James, desperate for help. You saw that look of reassurance again, and you knew you could do it.

"I'm joining Team Rocket."

More silence. But, by the expressions on Ash, Misty, and Brock, you could tell they weren't very approving of this choice. You held James closer.

James spoke up, surprising not only everyone else, but you, too.

"This is (Y/N)'s choice, twerps, and if you don't like it, how about you accept it, anyway? Isn't that what you're all about? Being the good guys? Obviously not, if you can't respect her choice. I've known (Y/N) since we were small, and I know she's serious about this."

You hadn't thought he would be able to defend you well, but he did. But, there was one problem...

"You guys knew eachother before?"