Chapter 12

3 Days Later (11/5/2034)

Emily POV

By the time we get home from London, it's a few days after the interview. I walk inside and Prim follows, hugging Alison, then her brother.

I smile, "hey baby."

"Hi handsome. How was it?"

"Great it was awesome but...can we talk? Somewhere private?" I look at Jay and Prim who are racing to the basement, probably to play a video game.

Alison nods and we go into our bedroom, her turning around to face me with a concerned look, "Em what's going on?"

"It's Prim."

Alison's face instantly drains when she hears the way I say our daughter's name. "What about her? Is she okay?"

"I-I don't know. I'm worried Alison. When we had dinner in London she wasn't eating and I asked why...she thinks she's fat. And not only that, she purged."

"She what?!" Alison rises to her feet, her eyes red and wide. "She...she made herself throw up? Did she do this when she was under your watch? You were supposed to be at her side 24/7 Emily!"

I shake my head, "nothing happened in London. She told me about it."

"Why didn't she tell me?"

"Because I forced her to tell me Al. I'm worried about her health. She feels like we don't pay attention to her but we do with Jayden. And I'm worried that she's been getting bullied in school."

Alison closes her eyes, "I knew we should've kept a closer eye on her. Should we send her to therapy or something? I don't want her doing it again Emily she is so beautiful." I look at my wife with sorrow and nod, pulling her into me, knowing that she needed me to comfort her right now.

"Let's just keep a close eye on her okay? I already had a talk with her in London." My phone rings and I look down, seeing Kendall's name pop up on the screen and I bite my lip, about to decline it but Alison sighs, "you can answer it."

I smile gently at her, "It'll only be a second. Promise."

I answer it, "this isn't a good time Ken. What's up?"

"Sorry Em but I was just wondering if you and Alison wanted to go on a um...a double date with Harry and I?"

I widen my eyes and look at Alison who looks worried now, "what is it?" She covers her worry for Kendall immediately though. She clears her throat and looks down.

"What do you mean a double date? Do you not remember what happened just a few nights ago? Kendall you can't be serious." I scoff in disbelief and Kendall gulps, "I know you're upset but like Harry said, Cara moved on so I should too."

I grunt,  "Kendall are you fucking stupid?! You can move on but not with him!"

Alison stares at me this time with a raised eyebrow, her interest perking. "Emily I know but he apologized! He said it was a one time thing and he got angry it's fine."

"No it's not fine! That scumbag will just hurt you again Kendall please don't fall for his games."

"It's not a game. Are you coming or not? Tonight at 6 at Craig's in WeHo."

I sigh and nod, "I'll be there. And so will Alison." Alison looks at me with wide eyes, shaking her head and I smile, "bye Ken. I love you."

"Love you too Em."

We hang up and Alison slaps my arm, "what the hell Emily? I don't want to go to dinner with her!"

"Alison please! I don't want to go if Harry is there but we have to!"