Chapter 3

emily pov

"i can't believe her! why wouldn't she tell me?!" cara shouted angrily as we got back to mine and alison's house.

"i think she was scared car. she was probably worried of your reaction."

"why would she be worried about my reaction?!"

"because you'd react like this..." i said and raised my eyebrows at her. she stared at me and sighed, "do you think she is cheating?"

i chuckled, "cara. no. that girl is head over heels for you."

"but she has been seeing that arsehole behind my own back!" her accent was on full blast when she was angry. "cara i'm sure nothing happened between them. kendall is my best friend and an amazing girl! you know her cara come on and tell me that she wo-" i stopped when the door opened and kendall came in. 

"cara please hear me out." she said gently and i bored holes into cara's head, making sure she wouldn't hurt kendall with her angry words. "talk." she said. 

kendall was frozen in place and looked mortified. "well go on then! i'm not going to sit here on my bum waiting for you to speak up!" kendall sighed and said, "harry is just a friend cara-"

"if he is just a friend then why did you feel the need to keep it under lock and key hmm?" cara protested and alison then walked inside and looked at the couple that was fighting.

she came over to me and kendall said, "because i knew you'd react like this cara! i didn't cheat on you and i would never cheat on you! and it really hurts me that you could even consider that a possibility!" kendall fell onto the couch in a heap of tears and i bit my lip nervously. this is awkward.

"kendall." cara said but kendall shook her head, "i didn't cara. i didn't betray you i swear!" she shouted and the door opened again, revealing a very confused primrose and jayden. Jaxon came behind them after i texted prim to bring him home with her because i didn't want him in a house where cara and kendall were fighting but too late now. "then why didn't you tell me?"

kendall pov

i was crying when cara bent down in front of me, taking my hands gently, "i just am hurt. i want you to tell me these things cuddle bug. i know how forgiving you can be. because you believe in people. and second chances. but i want you safe ken. i don't trust him yet. he hurt you so bad. i don't want that happening again, understand?" she whispered to me, rubbing my hands with her soft thumbs.

"he's not a bad guy." i whispered.

"don't defend him kendall. that's not your job. this guy almost killed you babe. who says he isn't planning on doing it again?" 

"he changed cara. he's being really sweet and caring." i defended and she scoffed, "you're still defending him. great." she stood up and walked away and i sighed, "cara no-"

"no go ahead. defend your ex boyfriend." she walked over to jaxon and smiled, "hey chap. good'aye at school today?"

jax grinned, "great. how was your day?"

cara glared at me, "great."

i sighed, "jax can you, prim and jay go into another room please? ma and i need to talk."

he looked between us sadly and said, "yeah...sure."

they went upstairs and i spoke up, "cara i am not cheating on you but i care about harry okay? he has changed. he won't hurt me. he changed, i swear."

"dammit kendall! i thought you got smarter! he's playing you! open your eyes! people don't change!"

"he did cara! he fucking changed! he's my friend. so maybe if you trusted me at all, we wouldn't be having this damned conversation."