The Janitor

"What?" Nathalie looked at Adrien through the rearview, surprised by his sudden outburst.

"I said stop the car! Please!" Desperation was evident in his voice and after a confused look, Nathalie pulled over to the curb.

"Adrien if you aren't feeling well it's alright to go home. I kno-"

"Thanks." Adrien interrupted her and dashed out of the car, nearly tripping on the curb in his hurry.

Not her. Hawkmoth can't have her. The thought of Hawkmoth controlling Marinette sickened him and only made him run faster. She'd never forgive herself if she tried to hurt someone. He thought. He reached the front of the school doors, breathing heavy and looking around at everyone frantically. They all stared at him wide eyed, but he didn't care.

Where is she? Adrien made a quick decision and ran down the hallway that lead to his classroom, checking inside to see if Nino or Alya were there. He didn't see either of them and was about to run up the stairs inside when he heard a loud crash somewhere on the opposite side of the school.

There was screaming and without thinking, he ran towards the noise as fast as his legs could carry him. It would've been easier to do as Chat Noir, but he was too concerned with Marinette's whereabouts to even consider that.

His eyes scanned the hallway and landed on a large puddle in the middle of the floor. He tilted his head to the side and walked up to it. The water looked dirty and he could smell an odd, fruity disinfectant.

"Adrien!" A voice screamed from down the hallway, but before he could react, he was swept up by large, wet strings of fabric.

"What the-"

"I am the Cleanser, here to cleanse everyone of their dirty mouths!" A man screamed from below him. He had plungers stuck to his shoes so he could walk along the walls and ceilings, and his mop seemed to have a mind of its own, the fabric looping around Adrien like snakes. He wore the grey uniform of the custodians in the school and had a nametag clipped on the right side of his shirt.

"Adrien!" The voice screamed again as something whipped by his head. He watched as Ladybug's yo-yo looped around his arm and pulled him from the snake mop. He zipped through the hallway and towards a very concerned looking Ladybug.

"Are you alright?" She asked, releasing her yo-yo from his arm. He stumbled a bit before regaining his balance and looking at her.

I guess Marinette wasn't too upset then, Adrien thought to himself, looking around to see if he could find where she was, just in case.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks. Have you seen Marinette?" He looked down the hallway into a classroom where he saw a few students huddled together. Without giving Ladybug a chance to answer, he ran down to the classroom and threw open the door, leaving her wide-eyed, staring after him.

"Has anyone seen Marinette?" he asked, his eyes frantically scanning the faces of everyone in the room.

"She disappeared a while ago," Nino piped up, and Adrien turned his attention to his friend, seeing an annoyed looking Alya sitting next to him. He felt sort of angry with her for not even trying to find Marinette.

"We aren't sure where she is, but she looked really scared and said she was going to hide. I'm guessing she's fine," Nino added, glancing at Alya and shrugging.

The door to the classroom shut and Ladybug was standing there, a tired expression on her face.

"Is everyone okay?" she asked, looking around the room. Her eyes locked on Alya, who was sitting with her arms crossed, not looking at Ladybug at all. It was so strange seeing her friend acting so calm around 'Ladybug', but she knew she should have expected that.