Ch 11

Matt’s P.O.V (point of view)

I push the leaves aside and step into the opening. White stones were placed in a circle, leaves and branches pushing into the circle and shading most of it. Dappled sunlight catches on Lavin’s dress, igniting her smooth skin golden. She sat at the small white table, legs crossed under her long dress.

She bacons us over, unfolding her legs. The dress swims around her legs, a black sea on her legs.

She’d worn an odd dress. Mostly she wore whites, creams, dark Safire’s or murky looking greens. But she’d opted for a long  black dress, lined with soft silvers. Her nails, painted silver, tap on the table.

I slide into a seat, making sure to sit straight. Emma sits down on one side, and Alera on the other. I glance over, wonder what she looked like. Most would gap, or be making jerky movements, some even bowing or apologising over and over. But Alera sits down smoothly, completely composed and if anything looking too comfortable.

She brushes aside some hair and leans back in the chair, and I nearly scowl. That was not how you act in front of a Queen.

“Matt” Lavin greets.

“My Queen” I utter, bowing my head ever so slightly. “Iraz is not here” I note, feeling slightly surprised.

“No, he isn’t. He’s currently…preoccupied”

“No, that’s fine. We can start without him. My Queen, this is Alera” I motion to the girl at my side, watching for her reaction. Alera says nothing, just looks at my Queen evenly, not hint of fear or shock.

“Alera” the queen whispers. “What a unique name”

“Thank you”

Lavin turn her black eyes on me. “How long?”

“Just under two weeks”

Alera’s P.O.V

I was surprised by this lady. She looked ageless, with deep black eyes, smooth, creamy skin and lean limbs. Her hair, long and strait, flowed down her back like murky water. I had the desire to bow my head in respect for the creature, to asking her what she wished for, at the same time feeling the need to fidget in my seat. I do nothing though; just watch the lady as she turns her endless eyes slide over to Matt. “How long?” she asks, voice like velvet.

“Just under two weeks”

Matt’s words pull me out of my dreamy-hazy desire to close my eyes and listen to the queens smooth words. Two weeks. Just less than two weeks. I still wasn’t sure what was happening in less than two weeks, besides my stupid period of course.

Lavin turns to me again, her eyes studying my face. “Stand child, let me look at you”

Obediently, I stand. Lavin raises from her seat, gliding around the edge of the table and motioning me to move around my chair and into her view. She assesses me, taking in my face, my outfit and my hair with an almost blank expression. She seems amused, eyeing my fingerless, fishnet gloves stretching up  to my elbow, then to the boots crawling halfway up my calf, completing the outfit to my it look bad-girl, chic, if it wasn’t already.

The queen steps forward, reaching out a pale hand to caress some blue-black hair from my face with the back of her fingers. Again the craving to fall at her, asking what she wanted, comes back to life, burning like a fire through my veins. But, in its shadow was another yearning.

This one begged for me to step away from her, to refuse to do what she asks.

“Such….unusual hair” she whispers softly, smiling adoringly at my hair.