Ch 3

I’d lost track of night and day. The sun never seemed to set; the thick curtains were the only barrier against the light. Like Matt had said I’d found my room when I wanted it, and where it was? Well, it just appeared! Like something out of Harry Potter, but quieter and subtly, almost like it’s had always been there.

And when I left my room, hungry for food, I happened to be right outside a kitchen.

Matt had showed me a huge room yesterday, where I was instantly immersed. The walls shifted colour, from blue’s to purples, red to yellow. It had been beautiful, but most interestingly had been the flowers, which happened to be paint as well. They were less exotic as the rose, more like a poppy, and when the paintbrush touched it you could paint endless lines. The colour never ran out, and there were a million shadows of flowers.

I’d painted on an easel for a white, until I moved to the wall, painting elaborate lines, and finally had resulted into throwing the flowers at the wall and watching them explode in a burst of vibrant colour.

Best part about them? If you didn’t like it, you could rub it out, like pencil!

And they grew back, so I never ran out of colour, no matter how many times I hauled them at the wall.

“So, what can I do today?” I ask Matt. Some time while painting I’d decided to push my luck with him, annoy him, get him angry and possibly drive him insane.

He glares at me, but thinking’s for a minute. “Wanna see the horses?” he asks.

I frown. Horses? Come on, out of everything here, there has to be better things than horses. My dad brought me horse for Christmas when I was 8. I think I rode it all of 10 times before I got bored. These horses would need to have wings or something to entertain me.

“I don’t know…” I trail off, glaring at Matt. Was he trying to bore me to death?

“Come on” He shakes his head and slides off the seat. He downs the golden liquid he’d been drinking and sets it back down. When I don’t move and keep eyeing him he raises an eyebrow. “Not like normal horses, okay. Besides, if you behave I might let you see Karou” he grumbles, the idea unappealing to him.

“What, or who is Karou?”

“You’ll just have to wait and see, now come on. You humans are so slow” he huffs, shoving the door open.

I jump up to bolt after him. “I’m not slow, you’re just impatient” I snap.

“Are you PMSing, or are you always this cranky?” he complains.

“Always this cranky, so you better learn to love it” I grunt, displeased by his PMSing comment. Rude, or what? Besides, now I couldn’t wait til I was PMSing, then he’d suffer. Oh I can’t wait to see the destruction I make when he pisses me off. Maybe then the creepy smile he always had will be wiped clear.

Matt suddenly stops and I jump back in my haste to not slam into his back, which I predicted was going to be hard, like a brick wall. All bone I think hostilely, but I knew it wasn’t ‘bone’ I’d run into. But muscle. Pure, hard muscle that a normal guy would kill a baby for…okay, not every male, but close enough. I startle as a savage hiss comes from behind me and turn just in time to see a creamy blue bolting down the hall.

Silly cat.

“Iraz” Matt says in a clipped voice.

I lean around his arm; looking at this ’Iraz’ he clearly wasn’t happy to see. Instantly I glare at the guy, he wasn’t strikingly beautiful like Emma, and nowhere near as dangerous looking. But he reminded me of a snake. Dark shifty eyes, black hair falling over his them and skin almost as pale as Emma’s. He might have been attractive if his skin wasn’t pulled so tight over his bones, checks sunken; his bones protruding through flesh, clear even under his shirt. It appeared as if he hadn’t eaten food for weeks, slowly letting himself be eaten away from the inside.