Meet and Greet

I was downing my second glass of Mojito and Cressida was on her third glass of The Stork Club when I heard a woman's voice behind me.

"What are you saying we're done? You can't leave me, Briana!" shouted a woman with black pixie hair. I bet she's shouting because of the noise inside the bar. I shamelessly checked her out. She's wearing knee-length black leather boots, dark leather shorts, and a white plain V-neck shirt under a dark leather jacket. Her classic red lipstick suits her beauty. That's when I noticed she was not wearing makeup except for that lipstick. She looked hot and perfect. Given any other day, I would surely reward myself with her on my bed, you know, doing some fun things. What made her flawed for my taste is the rude way she talks to the other woman.

"Roma, please, not here. Let's go outside," pleaded another woman.

The second woman's voice was familiar so I looked at their way. My jaw dropped when I saw who spoke. I immediately pinched Cressida.

"Ow! Why did you do that?"

"Shut up! Remember the girl I told you about? She's standing behind you, talking to her... uhm... girlfriend." I whispered to Cressida. Her eyes went wide with what I said to her.

"You mean to say, she's gay? That's great! She would like you... wait, what? Girlfriend?" Cressida shouted. I had to cover her mouth to prevent her from saying something more embarrassing.

"Yes, and maybe if you could just shut your mouth, we can hear what they are talking about," I whispered to her to shush her.

"Roma, please, let's talk outside. People might hear you. Besides, I want you to understand my point," my mystery girl said.

"No, Briana!" So, Briana is her name, I thought. "Let the people stare. You are not breaking up with me!" Roma said before she grabbed Briana's arms.

"Roma, let go of me. You're hurting me, please?"

"No. Listen to me, Briana. Look at you! Do you think someone will love you more than I do? No one else will love you, Briana. You don't have anyone! Your parents left you because you're freaking gay! Your best friend left you because you're freaking gay! Your sister died because you're fucking gay!"

Slap!

"Shut your mouth! Leave her alone. I will make sure that you eat your words. She doesn't deserve being treated like trash," I couldn't help it. It pains me to hear such hurtful words from that Roma woman. So, I stood up and slapped Roma.

"Who the hell are you?" Roma turned to me while holding her right cheek. "Why do you care? Briana, is this why you are leaving me?"

"No, she's leaving because you're a piece of trash! Let's go, Briana!" I then turned to Cressida. "Cressida, let's go." We all turned to leave before that Roma girl could speak.

Once outside the bar, I noticed that I have my left arm around Briana's shoulders. I looked back and saw Cressida wiggling her eyebrows at me. I rolled my eyes and spoke, "Are you okay now?"

"I think I am," Briana answered, sniffing.

"By the way, I'm Tala."

"Thank you for saving me again. Tala is such a pretty name; it is star in English, right?"

My jaw dropped. I nodded. She remembered me!

As if hearing my thoughts, she said, "Yes, I remember you. You saved me the other day from that speeding car. Thank you so much."