Chapter Thirty Four

Start from the beginning

“Thank you…” Came his voice in a low whisper. She looked back at him. He leaned in to her. Their lips touched. When she broke the kiss, she looked at him. There was no one else she could ever want to be with, unless it was him.

She leaned in this time. She could feel his lips on hers.

“Beep! Beep! Beep!” Came a sound out of no where. Fallon got up from her bed, startled. She shook her head, to clear it. That dream had been too vivid. She could still remember the feel of his kiss…She touched her lips…she could still feel it lingering on her lips.

Fallon saw that the sound was coming from her alarm clock. Turning it off, Fallon fell back onto her pillows. Next time, no television before sleeping…- Fallon thought. It had been three days since the race. She had sulked about the house the day after…defeat had never been easy for Fallon to take.

Even in high school…she could never take it when her friends got higher marks than her…she’d sulk for a while and then work harder to do better.

Today Fallon didn’t have very much planned. She was going to check in on the designer, Ana. She needed to make sure the clothes for the music video were right, although she had full faith in Ana.

Next week they would be shooting the video. Fallon just needed to find someone to be the love interest in the video. She didn’t have anyone in mind.

Fallon lay for awhile staring at the ceiling. She closed her eyes trying to will herself to sleep, hoping to fall back into her dreams again. It wasn’t working. She got up after a while. Giving up, Fallon got out of bed and got dressed.

She had decided to wear a light lilac colored short sleeve v-neck shirt, with a darker lilac knee length frock over top, and black knee length capris. It was nice and sunny outside. She took out a pair of black flip-flops. Walking out of her room, she found that she was the only one awake.

Cheryl was probably still asleep. It was around 9:30 in the morning. Fallon made her breakfast and ate alone. After eating she grabbed her phone, wallet, sun glasses, and a straw sun hat. Fallon was going to head out and check up on Ana. Fallon got her keys and left a note for Cheryl.

She had just gotten into the car when her cell phone rang. “Hello?” Fallon answered. She had picked up without checking the caller ID. “Hey Fallon! How’s second place suiting you? I didn’t think you’d be awake yet…” It was Christopher. “Ha…ha…Chris. What’s up?” Fallon replied, she ignored the jibe. “I was just wondering if you wanted to meet up for dinner or something.” He asked uncertainly. “Sure, what’s the occasion?” She asked with a laugh. “Nothing, just thought maybe we could hang out…and talk.” Christopher sounded a little defensive, and slightly serious. “Okay, sure. Where do you want to meet, and when?” She asked. “Just come over when you’re free. We’ll hang out at the house.” “Sure, see you then.” Fallon said as she ended the call.

Fallon decided to go buy some food to take to Christopher’s house, but she would do that after meeting Ana.

As she drove towards the store, Fallon’s thoughts about what Christopher wanted to talk about dissipated. Her mind settled back on to her dream. It had been too real for her. She could still smell the relaxing scent of the stream. His voice was still in her mind, crystal clear.

Seriously…no more watching MU-TV before bed…- Fallon thought, as she drove through the streets. Last night she had watched a little bit of soccer and some of the interviews…one of them had been of Daniel. That’s probably why I dreamed of him…-Fallon tried to rationalize.

She carefully parked her Charger in front of Ana’s store. She walked in to find beautiful dresses placed around the room. As Fallon fingered one of the delicate lace dresses, Ana came in.