Alianna swallowed and breathed a sigh of relief. "That's alright, I have a gun although it's empty now, and my knife. Plus," she gestured to the room, "I can kill with almost anything."

Jax made that mental note, "Let me show you your room." With a book in one hand and the other in Jax's, they walked to one of the bedrooms Jax showed her earlier. He smiled as he opened the door. Alianna grinned unsurprised that it kept the black and grey décor. "It's the smaller of the guest rooms but I have the feeling you would love the view."

"As always, you are right," Alianna replied. "It's so beautiful." She had the same view as the living room. "Jax I-."

He placed a finger to her lips, "No need to thank me Alianna. Explore the room for a bit, I'll be back."

Alianna waited until the door clicked shut before reassembling her gun. It was a beautiful gold Desert Eagle and though it was empty, it brought her a sense of comfort having it near. Jax knocked before coming in. Alianna frowned at the article of clothing in his hands.

"You can change into this if you wish," Jax placed it on the chest of drawers. "It's freshly laundered in case you're wondering."

Wondering she was. Alianna looked at Jax, unable to express the emotions churning inside her. Jax smiled and pulled her to him by her waist. She wrapped her arms around him and pressed her face to his shoulder. His arms were starting to become the only place she felt safe.

"Get some rest," Jax murmured to her. "We have a long week ahead of us. My room is straight across from yours." Alianna looked past him at the identical dark grey door across the room.

"Good night Jax," Alianna murmured as she looked up at him.

"Good night Alianna," he pressed a kiss to her forehead. "Sweet dreams."

Alianna sighed as Jax's warmth left her when he left. She sighed and slipped off her heels and her dress. She left Jax's shirt on the chest of drawers as she slid into bed. She fidgeted, unable to settle into the softest mattress she ever slept on. Alianna grunted as she unhooked her bra and tossed it to the edge of the bed.

The sheets were cool beneath her skin and the night was quiet but she could not sleep. Her thoughts were spiralling out of control, moving too fast for her to process. She sighed and sat up in bed, any attempts to fall asleep would be futile. She had integrated sleeping pills into her night time routine months ago, it would be hard to sleep without them.

She sat up, clutching the sheets to her chest, welcoming the chill on her skin. She walked over to the chest of drawers and slipped on Jax's shirt. She breathed in deeply, taking in the faint smell of Jax's cologne on it as she moved to the futon at the end of the bed.

She pulled the sheets around her then as she watched the lively city below.

~

Jax looked up from his tablet as he heard a knock on the door. His hand drifted to the gun tucked in the waistband of his slacks as he approached. He stepped away from the peephole and knocked once on his side of the door. He grinned and relaxed when he received an answering one.

Evan walked in pulling Alianna's two suitcases behind him when Jax opened the door. "How does one girl have so many clothes?" he complained.

Jax chuckled, knowing Alianna, the smaller one was probably filled with clothes. "How did we fare the night?"

"No reported causalities, everyone seems to be in one piece," Evan shoved his hands into back pockets. "I had to spend the night at Liberta and sneak into my penthouse this morning but Marino's men are gone."

Jax rubbed his jaw, "That can be a good or a bad thing. Where's Rex?"

"Getting breakfast."

Jax nodded as he heard soft footsteps pause behind a pillar in the living room. He shook his head, he knew Alianna well, she was not particularly silent in order to let him knew she was there but silent enough not to alert anyone else who may be in the room.

"Alianna," he called out, "it's just Evan with your suitcases."

Alianna smiled slightly as she walked out from her surveillance spot. She did not miss the dumbfounded look on Evan's face. She figured it was because she was wearing Jax's shirt. She smiled at Evan and inclined her head to Jax; the side effects of no sleep evident.

"Go on," Jax said gently, "breakfast will be here soon." Alianna smiled at him gratefully before grabbing the smaller suitcase and trudging back to her room.

Jax watched Alianna go and caught an all-too familiar look on Evan's face. "Nothing happened," he nearly laughed at disappointed look on the other male's face. "You didn't really expect her to sleep in her evening gown, did you?"

Evan flashed his teasing smile, "Of course not." He bit his tongue to prevent the lewd remarks from rolling off his tongue. It was probably not the best idea to tease an assassin far less an assassin who was his best friend's future girlfriend.

Jax rolled his eyes there was another knock on the door and he nodded to Evan. Before he could provide Evan with backup, he caught the scent of mango. He looked behind him, smiling to see Alianna dressed in a black tank top and white short pants with her knife and her gun strapped to either of her thighs.

Alianna smiled as she stood next to Jax. "Good morning," she looked up at him.

"Morning," Jax replied. He couldn't help himself as he traced the dark circles under her eyes. "Did you sleep last night?" He sighed when she shook her head. "I know you don't believe it, but you are safe here." He rest his hand on her waist. "They can't get to you and we're going to plan our next move."

"Yes we are," Evan said loudly. Alianna and Jax looked over to see ushering in two waiters pushing trolleys of food. "But over breakfast."