Living the Homestuck Life~ 30

Start from the beginning

                You still looked young for your age. You had small wrinkles on the corners of your eyes, your hair was pulled back into a bun with a few loose strands of brown and grey hair hang in front of your forehead, and purple shadows under your eyes. You smiled softly and hugged her.

You felt her shiver by your cold and wet touch. You were very cold, as if you were dead. Maybe it was fear. You heard metal clanking on the floor echo in the alley. You smiled to your grandchild who had dread written on her face. You squeezed her tight and heard the whispers tell you your fate.

                You stubbornly rejected the voices that were in your head, however the voices kept nagging on what fate had decided for you to do. You felt a ball find its way in your throat and tears were squeezing their way out of the corner of your eyes. Your honey mustard eyes reflected Francis’s emotions of dread and anxiety.

              “You have to wait here Francis,” you said, sadly, “Go hide and don’t come out. No matter what you hear, don’t come out,”

Francis whimpered, “B-but grandma …”

              “Francis, you have to listen to me,” you were stern, but your voice shook as you saw your granddaughter crumble in front of you, “You need to wait here and hide. And, Francis, whatever you hear or anything, do not move a muscle. Or you will get hurt. Is that understood?”

Your granddaughter’s eyes had tears streaming down her face as she silently whimpered. The wet streaks cleaned the dirt off her chubby smudged cheeks. She shook her head vigorously and said, “No. No. No.” She started to grab your arms tightly and not wanted you to leave her there in the dark alley, on the crossroads of Charlesgate Boulevard and Lincoln Avenue, alone.

                “Nana, please don’t leave me,” she pleaded with a low whimper.

You smiled softly at your granddaughter whose hair was wet and stuck to her face. You heard clanking noises and forcefully turned your granddaughter facing a dirty garbage can. You opened the lid, trying to hurry and hid your granddaughter, and placed her in there.

                “Ew! Nana, this is gross! Please, don’t do this,” she whined, gripping tightly on your wrist. You leaned over and kissed her forehead.

                You smiled warmly and pushed her bangs behind her ear to show her thick neat eyebrows and luminous teal eyes. Her eyes were wide and her pupils were dilated as her eyebrows furrowed.

                You leaned forward and kissed her forehead again softly, then whispered, “Be good,”
You closed the lid and placed a heavy bag of garbage on top. The lid started to move and you heard your granddaughter call out for you.

                You neared the exit of the alley with slow and cautious steps. You took in a deep breath of hope and looked up at the sky that began to be cluttered with thick grey clouds. You slowly took of your glasses. You stared at the reflection of you from the glasses; however they should the younger you. You were happier, you had shorter hair, and your eyes weren’t dull. You dropped your glasses onto the concrete, and as you took one step, you stepped on it making it crack and break.
                You appeared out of the alley with clenched fist that started to spark blue and red. You closed your eyes as you started to feel them sting and pinch. The street lamps started to shatter and crack as you walked closer to the crossroad. The blue and red sparks started to get bigger and bigger as rage flooded inside of you. Your perfect bun became looser as the sparks crawled its way up your body, and then started to flow throughout your body.