That Friday Feeling

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Who else was around him? Was you with her?"

"They were heading down to computing, and there was Ian Hecox, umm the Harries twins, and Luke Cutforth. I just don't understand love that much, especially with girls." He sighed as we stopped in front of the 632 bus, socks soaked from the current downpour but our hair clear of water. I didn't want to risk my hair dye coming off anytime soon.

"Single Adult to Memford, please." I spoke, taking my change out of my pocket along with my phone and earpuds.

"That'll be 2.30, please." The old bus driver spoke softly, his face overall seemed grumpy but his smile was wider than the horizon. I took a seat at the front of the bus, Chris following sync after receiving his ticket. I looked at the ticket, and the back made me smile.

Buy a Whopper or a Chicken Legend with Large Fries or a Regular Drink for only £1.99! - Burger King, Have it your way.

I like food, ok? Don't judge. Food Coupons are my buddies, not my bin's buddies. (Motto of the day)

"You know," I speak, pulling out an earphone. "You can call me whenever you want to talk, I'm always available." Well, that's kind of a lie.

"Thanks, Phil. I feel like PJ's becoming more attached to Dan for some reason, maybe because they both have that little mad streak in them. I feel kind of lonely when you're doing extra work in art, to be honest."

"Maybe I can make up for that, we can go to Pizza Hut and share a Hawaiian if you want. Catch up on everything, and just hang out." Chris saw his stop coming up, and pushed down the red button with his thumb, standing up and grasping hold of the pole for dear life.

"Sure, Sunday? I can do from 1pm onwards, if not, you know my Kik is FishFood69."

"Don't worry, 1pm sounds splendid."

"Truly splendid," he smiled, finally. He thanked the driver and hopped off the bus, then I watched him walk up the pathway to his small house. At least I made someone feel better today, I guess that's what everyday superheroes do. Saving people's smiles instead of saving people's cities.
---
"Oh come on dad, everyone's going!" Is the first thing I heard when I walked through the door. Jessica was obviously moaning again.

"Well I'm not everyone's father, am I?" She scoffed at his response, "what makes thirty-five flight attendants so amazing? 'Drive' wasn't a good single anyway."

"oH MY GOSH DAD! It's twenty-one pilots and 'Ride' is a phenomenal single! Get with it!"

"What? Am I not hipster enough for you teens?" He grabs my cap from the kitchen counter, putting it on backwards. He squats to her level, performing the rock gesture on his right hand and a peace on his left. "Swag, mate! Watch me hit, and go cray cray! Watch me hit hit, then go cray cray!" I just giggle from the hallway as Jessica stomps up the stairs, her brown hair trailing behind her in annoyance. I hear a loud 'UGH!' and a door slam as I walked into the kitchen, and my dad and I burst into even more laughter.

"I think you just won comedian of the year award!" I say between breaths,

"She's not getting those tickets any time soon," he smiles once we've calmed down, "she hasn't been concentrating in certain lessons, it's gonna get her nowhere if she doesn't pay attention to the basics. She should learn from you." He looks down at my bag - which was currently bulging with books and papers on the floor. His eyes slowly began widening. "I guess school was tough today,"

"Well, I found out some weird gossip about my friends, including that one of them - Chris - broke up with his girlfriend, and I have a hell-ton of homework due Monday." I smiled, taking my homework journal and my pencil case out of my school bag.