That Friday Feeling

I was going to put Friday by Rebecca Black, but I didn't want to put you through that. So here's Justin WoodRiver instead ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
P H I L
Friday 8th September, 3:32pm.

As I left my maths class, leaving behind my grumpy teacher, I felt a sense of freedom that I hadn't felt for - well, 5 days. But even though I've had the freedom to do whatever I fancied for 15 years of my life, I didn't feel free. Leaving school for the weekend felt like freedom more than anything, and I bet many children can agree. It's that Friday feeling that gets everyone pumped for the weekend.

I felt two hands on my shoulders, pressure pushing down on them, then a loud chuckle deep in my ears. I turned around, meeting the eyes of PJ, I smile and playfully punch him in the stomach.

"Heyo!" He smiled, a sad-looking Chris and a normal Dan appearing beside him.

"Hi! I can't believe it's Friday already," I replied, my smile constantly staying put. Is this what Friday does to a teenager?

"I know!" PJ smiled, he looked at Chris, who was immersed in his own world. "What bus are you taking today, Chris?" He jumped, looking in shock and then realising what PJ had just asked.

"Ummm, 632, why?"

"I'm taking that bus today!" I smiled, only making him happier by 2%. "It's raining so I don't want my scooter to rust." At least now I can find out why he's so down in the dumbs. He was like this yesterday.

"Cool." PJ said, nudging Dan playfully in the shoulder. "Me and Danny Boi here are going to pick up my portfolio from Miss Bisognin, grab our bikes and head on home, so see ya next week!" We waved at them, and I watched them race down the empty hallways, PJ's shoes making skid marks on the tiles, and Dan's black backpack slowly sliding down his shoulder.

"Let's get going then, shall we?" I looked back at Chris, linking my arm around his and pulling him towards the exit.

Someone in heaven must have broken up with their partner, because the skies were chucking down the salty water. Droplets fell from the dark green leaves of the bushes through the narrow cracks in the cement below us. The fresh scent filled my nostrils, it reminded me of what England truly is: freezing cold. Our blazers didn't seem to help that much either, so we reached into our bags and found the most important item to any Briton: an umbrella. Me and Chris put up our umbrellas when we were outside, and began avoiding the random puddles dotted on the pavement.

"Chris, can I ask you something?" I spoke up, causing Chris to look at me with his tears disguised from the rain. "Why are you so sad? And I can I make you happy?"

"I..well I...don't know, it's just that Rosanna broke up with me and started spreading rumours about how I broke her heart. It was her soul that hurt me, and she just wasn't worth it. 3 years we've been together, I'm so dumb!" He cried, I patted him on the back as he began to sob. His bottom lip dropped into a frown and a couple of tears escaped from his eyes, racing each other down his red cheeks. I let him cry into my shoulder, all his emotions spilling out.

"Christopher Kendall, you are not dumb! She seemed fine on Tuesday when you introduced me to her, what made her change her mind?" Chris wiped his tears away with the cuff of his blazer, composing himself before speaking up.

"She said she fancied someone else, and I personally think it's that Anthony Padilla dude." I hushed him, seeing as Padilla was a few paces in front of us.

"Really? I thought he liked Dani Dank, or Michelle Colorado!"

"I'm not too sure though, she's been giving him flirty looks in the corridor lately, but then it might not have been to him."