Robert Baratheon X Stark!Reader - Queen of Beauty and Grace (Requested)

Start from the beginning

"I'm staying here," you told him firmly.  "There must always be a Stark in Winterfell, and whilst there is a war on, it is more necessary that ever," you continued, hearing a scoff from outside the door before Robert came bounding back into the room. "It is rude to eavesdrop," you spoke with a raised eyebrow.

"There is not a chance in Seven Hells that you are staying here, it isn't safe," he told you and you chuckled.

"Nowhere is safe right now, And I don't intend on leaving my home just to be killed somewhere else," you argued and he shook his head at you.

"Don't talk that way, you aren't going to die," he grimaced as he spoke and you glared at him.

"Then tell me, how is Riverrun any safer than Winterfell?" you asked and he rolled his eyes at your stubbornness.

"Help me with this would you," he spoke to Ned who just held his hands up in surrender as he continued. "Please, Y/N, just trust me," he begged and your stubbornness fell as you saw how desperate he was.

"Are we going to lose?" you asked and he quickly shook his head at you. "Then why are you so sure that Winterfell will fall?" you asked and he remained silent, staring down at his feet until Ned spoke up behind him.

"He's not, but he doesn't want to risk losing you if it does. He's in love with you, and it is driving me insane that he won't just tell you," he grumbled as Robert tried to protest, watching as you gave him a small smile.

"All you had to do was tell me," you told Robert as you turned to leave the room, both men started to protest. "What? you wanted me to get some things together didn't you?" you questioned looking back at their shocked faces. "If it will put your mind at rest and keep you safe, then I'll go to Riverrun, but only if you promise to return home to me safely," you told him and he gave you a goofy grin as he moved closer to you.

"I promise that I'll come home and make you my wife," he told you before pressing a quick kiss to your lips. 

"I need to go and get my things," you told him softly, a small chuckle escaping you, "you'll have to release me," you added as you twisted yourself out of his grip and walked out into the hall.

*Time Skip*

You had been at Riverrun for almost a year, spending most of your time with Catelyn and her sister, who had also been moved back to Riverrun from the Vale for companionship and safety. Catelyn had given birth to Ned's son, naming him Robb after his closest friend. The boy had beautiful curly hair, and he seemed much more a Tully than a Stark in everything but name. Soon after the birth, you had heard of your families win, and had found the Robert had been placed on the throne in King's Landing. You had also heard rumour that Tywin Lannister was trying to persuade him to marry his daughter, and you were worried what his response would be. The Lannisters had a lot of money, something he would need when he was King, but he had promised to come back to you.

You were sitting in your room, pondering all of this and more, when a knock came on your door. You moved across the room and unlocked the door, opening it slightly only to see Robert standing beyond it. Your eyes went wide as you opened the door further, seeing him in his entirety. He was slightly worse for wear, his beard overgrown and tangled, but all in one piece from what you could see. 

"I promised I would come home for you," he spoke with a smile as he held his arms open and you leapt into them, holding onto him as if you thought he would disappear from your grip.

"I was so worried about you, Your Grace," you told him as you buried your head into his neck as you had the last time you saw him. "Please, never leave me again," you begged as he ran his hands up and down your spine.

"I won't, he told you softly. "I put my sword through Rhaegar Targaryen's heart, and I told him you said hello," he continued, watching as  your eyes filled with tears as you choked out a strangled thank you.

"What about Lyanna?" you asked, sniffing as he frowned and shook his head, as he had when he had told you of your Father and Brother. "Thank you, for killing him, he deserved it more than anyone I've ever met," you told him and he nodded in agreement. After a few moments of holding each other in silence he moved you inside, shutting the door so that you could have some privacy.

"Do you remember my promise?" he asked as he pulled away from you and you tilted your head in confusion at his question.

"You told me you would come home safely, you've already kept your promise," you told him and he shook his head before pulling out a small ring from his pocket.

"I think you are forgetting one very important promise, that I would make you my wife," he told you and you smiled up at him as he held out the ring to you. "Will you do me the honour of becoming my wife," he asked before pausing. "And my Queen," he added making you chuckle as you nodded at him. You grinned as he slid the ring onto your finger. "Of course, it isn't official until we have a ceremony, so we can't do anything," he smiled down at you as he spoke gesturing toward the bed and you leant up whilst pulling him down to press another passionate kiss to his lips.

"You are the King, My Love, we can do whatever you want," you uttered as you pulled away and smirked as he pressed his lips to yours again and again, his hands wandering from your hips to your behind, giving it a gentle squeeze before pulling away.

"I think we should stop," he told you and you frowned at him as you went to move away, only to have him catch your wrist and pull you back to him. "If I were to father a child with you before we are wed it wouldn't be legitimate, we can wait a few more days," he told you before giving you another soft kiss. "Besides, you need to see that brother of yours, and I need to meet my nephew, I've heard he has a rather interesting name," he joked and you smiled up at him.

"I know, I don't know what Catelyn was thinking, his namesake is such a fool," you laughed and he gave you a playful scowl as you grinned at him.

"I am only a fool for you, My Sweet," he joked as he held one of your hands in his, swinging them back and forth as you walked through the halls to find your family.

*Time Skip*

As soon as you had arrived in King's Landing you were married, holding a large feast to celebrate. You hadn't left Robert's side all night, his hand resting on your leg whilst you tucked yourself close into his side. Every now and then, he would look down at you with a smile, before pressing his lips to yours, causing the crowd to erupt into excited cheers and leaving you chuckling as he squeezed your leg gently, both enjoying every moment.

"Y/N, Robert," you heard Ned before you saw him, turning to face the man that was standing behind the two of you, Jon cuddled in his arms. You both grinned at him and he chuckled. "Robb and Jon are getting restless and Catelyn and I were going to go to bed," he told you as he hugged you both awkwardly with the child in his arms. You quickly found Catelyn in the crowd where she cradled her own bundle of joy and you gave her a wave which she happily returned with a smile.

"We will see you in the morning, Ned, I hope you all had a good time," you told him and he nodded softly at you.

"We are just glad to see the two of you happy, we have all been through so much that it is good to have something to celebrate, your Graces," he told you and you laughed at his name for the two of you.

"If you start calling me 'Your Grace' I will be forced to hit you," Robert chuckled and you smiled over at him whilst nodding in agreement. "Now go, you can't keep your wife waiting," he added and you all chuckled as he made his way back down the steps and into the crowd.

"I think it might be time that we were retiring to our chambers, My Love," you told Robert as your hand landed on his knee and he quickly stood, pulling you to your feet beside him. Everyone began to cheer once he made the announcement that you would be going to your chambers and he hurried you down the steps causing many people to laugh at how eager he was being.

Once you were alone, he gave you a passionate kiss and told you how much he loved you, and the next morning neither of you made it down to the dining hall for breakfast, preferring to spend the morning in each others arms in bed after having the best night of your lives. 

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x