0.9

"Babe, can you please talk to me?" Liam says as he gently pulls his boyfriend closer to his side as the two sit upon their couch.

"I'm fine, Liam. This shit happens, I mean Zayn's adorable of course I wouldn't want to be the only one to foster him," Louis says as he tries to pull away a bit only to have Liam keep him secured to his side.

"You're right this shit does happen, but that doesn't mean you don't have to be upset about it. I can tell this all meant a lot to you," Liam says quietly as he gently kisses his boyfriend's temple.

It's quiet for a few moments after that before Louis finally sighs and turns to fully face Liam. The two just look at each other for a couple minutes before Liam sees Louis' Adam's apple began to bobble which is a tell-tale sign of his nearing tears. With a sigh Liam pulls his boyfriend's face to his chest which is just when the tears began to fall.

"I just- I just wanted to make a difference for him," Louis sobs.

"You did make a difference, love," Liam soothes. "You gave him clothes, warmth, and food when no one else did. You were the first person to make a difference in his life."

"I wan'ed to do more," Louis sniffles.

"What if we still can?"

At that question Louis pulls away a bit as he begins to wipe away all of his fallen tears with a confused look upon his face.

"What are you talking about, Liam?"

"Well, Zayn wasn't the only boy in that home. I know you feel attached to him, but we could still make a difference in another child's life."

"Wait, you still want to foster?!" Louis asks in shock.

"Of course I do! Babe, I meant everything I told you earlier today. Sure, fostering Zayn seemed more ideal, but he was just one child," Liam says as he holds his boyfriend's cheek in his hand.

Once Liam said that Louis practically threw himself on top of the bigger man before placing a passionate kiss to his lips. For a couple of minutes the two stay like that until Liam lifts up his boyfriend and runs them into their shared room.

+

"And this is your room, Zayn. You and Lana will share it because you're closest in age to each other, and it's closest to our room. What do you think?" The adults that Zayn still does not know the names of says.

Instead of replying, though, Zayn just walks into the room and goes straight over to the fluffy, white rug to pet it. Never having felt something so soft Zayn smiles a bit as he plops down on it to run his hands through it even more.

"Well, now we know he's entertained easily," the older man says with a smile as he walks into the room and lifts the boy up again. "Come on, love, we need to go pick up your siblings from school."

At that Zayn frowned because he wanted to continue to play with the soft rug, however, he didn't say anything because that's just who he was. Eventually the little toddler finds himself seated back in the carseat he had been put in earlier before the car begins to pull out of the house. The drive from the house to the school was less than ten minutes but to Zayn it felt eternal...however, eternal in a good sense. Every tree and park they passed the boy's eyes would widen ten sizes because he had never seen something that looked so colorful and pretty.

Eventually the car stops and Zayn feels himself once again being lifted up only this time he was placed into a stroller. Once again the boy doesn't say anything even though he's always hated his strollers, and instead just allows the adults to push him into the pristine looking building. Once they entered Zayn was once again put into a trance of amazement as he saw all these colorful signs surrounding him before they approached a door that was decorated with frog stickers.