0.3

As the morning continued Zayn continued to play amongst the firefighters who weren't busy doing stuff, and Louis couldn't be more intrigued by the child. Just the night before he was terrified of everyone that approached him, but, here he was now, crawling over the firefighters' laps as he tries to grab the soccer ball from their hands. However, all calm times must come to an end in a firehouse, and that's exactly what happened when the loud alarm was sounding off just a few minutes past ten o'clock that morning.

Firehouse eighty one. Firetruck thirteen. Ambo sixty one. Car crash, 32nd Street and 5th.

Calum - who currently had Zayn on his lap - gently lifted the boy and placed him on the couch as he ran off towards the fire truck along with all the other house members. As Louis made his way to follow after Niall towards the ambo, he soon remembered that Zayn would then be alone, and he was not about to leave a three year old on his own in the firehouse.

"Chief Higgins! The kid?" Louis shouts as he sees Paul running out towards his battalion chief car.

Paul seems to have just remembered about the boy as well because he seemed just as thrown off as Louis was. However, he managed to get himself together rather quickly and soon enough Zayn was in his arms as he began to buckle him into the back seat of the car.

Once Louis saw that Zayn was settled, he then ran out to the ambo where Niall was already waiting behind the wheel. Louis gave him a quick nod, and soon enough they were on the road with their siren blaring. Luckily due to the severe weather outside there seemed to still not be too many roads on the car, so they were able to get to the accident scene rather quick.

As they pulled up, though, Louis couldn't help but internally cringe at the site of the crash. Two cars seemed to have hit head on to one another, and they were practically connected at this point. Louis noticed everyone jumping from their trucks, so he quickly followed suit - zipping up his jacket in the process - and made his way over to the two cars. He took a quick glance inside each vehicle to see how many victims there were and sighed in relief upon noticing it to only be two victims.

"Niall, call in another ambo! We have two victims," Louis says as he continues to look over the two. "Liam, try and get the woman out of the silver car first. She's bleeding out a lot, and she's not conscious."

"You heard the man, someone get the clippers and get the door off the silver car. Hemmo, Irwin, go check on the victim in the black car, keep him calm. Clifford, hop into the silver car and try to see if she's pinned down anywhere," Liam instructs as he grabs the clippers from Calum and begins to get to work on trying to pry the door open.

As Paul got to the scene he got a brief run down from Louis as to what happened before he made his way over to the silver car where Michael had just removed the steering wheel in order to free the woman's pinned down arm.

"Chief, you're gonna want to get an officer over here. This woman wreaks of vodka," Michael shouts from inside the car just as Liam manages to pry the door off.

Once the door was off though, him along with the two other firefighters had to hold back a gag because of how vile the stench of liquor was.

"Jesus, s'like she drank all the vodka in Detroit," Liam says as Louis and Niall approach with the stretcher. "Mike, try to get the neck brace on her," Liam says as he hands the man the neck brace.

Eventually, Michael is able to situate the neck brace and finally they were able to get the woman out from the car. Niall and Louis secured her onto the board as they quickly patched up a few of the bleeding areas on her head and arm before they began to make their back to the ambo. However, just before they could fully load her, they were stopped by a little voice.