0.8

"You alright?" Niall asks Louis as the two walk out of the ambo for a quick coffee stop.

"What? Oh, uh, yeah I'm fine. Why?" Louis asks as he opens the door for the two.

"You haven't said one word since shift started, Lou. I thought after the other day you would be back to your happy, talkative self," Niall says. "Is something go on with you and Liam that I don't know of?"

"No, no nothing like that. It's just- it's just I keep thinking about Zayn."

"He looked so happy when he saw you the other day."

"I know, that's what I keep thinking about."

The two pause their conversation as they each order their own drink. They pay and wait before heading back out to the ambo where once they start driving back to the station Niall picks back up on the conversation.

"You want to visit him again don't you?" Niall asks as he sips his drink.

"God yes," Louis sighs. "I mean just- okay I'm going to ask you something and you have to be brutally honest: would I be crazy to want to foster him?"

And, well, Niall didn't even need to answer because him choking on his drink was enough to give Louis a proper answer.

"Never mind forget I ever mentioned it. And please, please don't bring it up to Liam," Louis sighs but Niall jsut shakes his head rapidly.

"No no no, Lou, I didn't mean it like that! Honest to god, I did not mean the choking in a bad way I was just caught off guard," Niall says quickly. "Being totally honest, I think it's a great idea."

"Are you serious?!"

"Dead serious, Lou. You and Li are both thirty and have been dating for almost four years now. I think it's a perfectly rational thought."

"Do you think Liam will think that?"

"Only one way to find out."

For the remaining drive back to the station Louis could not stop thinking of how he should word the situation to Liam. He kept thinking of how if Liam agrees that soon enough they could have a little one running around the home. He just kept thinking and thinking until Niall was nudging him from his thoughts to signal they were at the station.

Rather than immediately going over to Liam's living quarters, though, Louis decides to postpone his conversation a bit. From completely emptying and restocking the ambo to shoveling the hardly snow covered driveway, Louis was doing just about everything to give himself more time to think and, well, Liam noticed. When the blue eyed man walked into the kitchen area to get a drink the first person he saw was Liam which quickly caused him to turn around, however, Liam was able to catch up to him fairly quick from there.

"Why are you avoiding me?" Liam asks as he begins to guide the pouting Louis to office area.

"Why are you avoiding me?" Louis retorts with a raised brow which causes Liam to laugh.

"Yeah alright, Tommo, let's play that game," Liam chuckles as he wraps his arms around his boyfriend's waist. "Did I forget about something?"

When Louis just sighs, though, Liam immediately knows that Louis actually does have something serious to discuss. The shorter man sits upon Liam's bed as he gestures for Liam to do the same which the taller lad does with a confused look.

"Should I be worried?" Liam asks as Louis grabs his hands.

"No, I just- I've been thinking about some stuff, and I guess I've been trying to think of the right way to bring it up to you," Louis sighs.