Chapter 41

Amari

"You sure you don't want me to go with you?" August asked with concerned

I shook my head no "I'm good."

He sighed "Amari I know you mad, but I just wanna take care of us. My way."

"How August, when I have way more than enough money! You having this dumb ass pride can get us killed." I gritted

He clenched his jaw before walkin away.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my keys leaving out the house.

*
*
*

I sat at the little coffee shop on my phone to keep me busy. Soon as I started to watch a video that somebody recorded of Drake and Rihanna at the VMA Awards, the chair infront of me was pulled out and a person sat infront of me. I looked up and sat my phone down.

"Damn, I forgot how fine you was."

I scrunched my face in disgust "You been stalkin me?"

He waved me off "Fuck allat' you got the money?"

I grabbed the book bag beside me and sat it on the table. He started to grab it but I snatched it back.

"Leave us alone, don't come near me or my family. If you will, I will have your sister,brother, and those pretty little nieces of yours slaughtered. Got me?" I smiled

His eyes widened a little but then he started to glare at me . "Your bluffing."

I pulled out my phone and dialed a number.

"Shoot?"

"No, hold it. Just show the red dot on his hand."

I hung up and soon seen the red dot on his hand and pointed to it.

He looked down at it and I notice him start to get real nervous.

"That's something called a sniper. Now if you fuck with me that red dot will travel through your whole family. Do you think I'm bluffing now?" I tilted my head

He shook his head quickly.

"Now, you got your money, so we should be good right?"

He nodded fast and stood up.

"You can leave now." I waved to the door and pulled out my phone.

"Thank you John."

"Anything, You know I gotchu Mar."

That was a old friend of my Dad's. He was my Dad's right hand man. But now he's a hitman so he doesn't visit a lot because he likes to stay low.

I finally got up and walked out. Noticing the boy still in the car still shook, I laughed a little. He noticed me and his eyes widened. I winked at him before getting into my car and pulling off to go to Popeyes.

*
*
*

"That was a long time." August stated while digging through the bag.

I shrugged "I had other stops to make."

He frowned and walked towards me and sniffed me. "Why you smell like coffee?" He asked going back to the bag

I shrugged "Met up with that dude who sent you that text." I said bluntly while staring at him to see his reaction

He froze and looked at me to see if I was serious, once he seen that I was serious his hands slowly fell out the bag.

"You fuckin' serious? Tell me you not fuckin' serious right now. Where the fuckin cameras at Amari? Huh? This a joke right?" He asked angrily

"No, it's not. I wanted to help you August."

"It wasn't your job to do that!"

"Our lives was on the lines. Your being real fucking selfish right now. I had the money so I gave it to him." I said calmly and shrugged and walked towards the fridge

I looked over at him seeing his leg shaking while his head was in his hands.

"I said I had it. I had it man. I had it." He kept saying

I sat my water bottle down and walked towards him.

"It's okay to get help from others Aug." I said softly grabbing at his hands.

"Uhh, Is everything okay?" Chandra asked walking in

I cursed under my breath "Sorry, I forgot to tell you guys the food was here."

She folded her arms and shot daggers between me and August.

"I heard, some of it. And August I just wanna know what did you do to have your life on the line, and Amari's."

He sighed running his hand down his face.

He leaned off of the counter "I got us into some shit. But Amari took care of it so we good now." He shrugged

She squinted her eyes at him "We gone talk about this later." She pointed at him and then called for the girls to come eat.

*
*
*

"After dinner I was tired so I went straight for bed. August came up here first but he wasn't even in the bed. I sighed and walked toward each bedroom until I found him in one.

"Really August?" I asked tiredly leaning on the doorframe.

Silence

I shook my head and closed the door back.

"He'll come around soon." I mumbled on my way back to bed.

--------

Another Quick Short Chapter.

Thoughts on What Amari did?

Thoughts on August's Irritating ass pride?