Chapter 21

August

Since last night Amari didn't say anything. It's like she's been in a daze. I gave her her space but right now I gotta get her to speak to me. I spotted her at her locker so I walked up to her.

"Babyeh."

She looked at me from the corner of her eye, but she never lifted her head to look at me.

"Amari I know you hear me."

She looked at me.

"You aight'?"

She just looked at me.

"Does it look like I'm okay? No, ofcourse I'm okay, Last night just made it official that I have no family, ofcourse Im fine." she rolled her eyes and slammed her locker and walked off.

I bit my lip and sighed. Damn, I guess that was the wrong thing ta' say.

Since we had gym together right now, I decided to go there right now. Once I walked in I frowned seeing some darkskinned nigga talkin' ta' Amari while she was stretchin'. She obviously had a annoyed look on her face, Iont' know why he was all up in her face.

I walked over to them and tapped his shoulder. He turned around and looked at me.

"Oh wassup, August right?"

I nodded "Yeah, look my girl don't wanna be bothered right now. So I'a appreciate it if you'd leave ha' alone right na'."

He raised his eyebrow. "Amari you don't wanna be bothered?" he asked looking away from me

I frowned "Nigga didn't I jus'-"

"No Damien, I don't thanks for checking on me though." Amari said with a agitated voice.

He nodded and walked off.

I scoffed and crossed my arms looking at his back as he walked off.

"I could've handled it. You didn't have to put your two cents in." she sighed stretching her arms out

I frowned "Well I thought I would'a came and helped you out since I seen da' nigga all up in yo' face."

She stood up straight "Okay but I had it! I don't need your help!" she yelled looking frustrated

"Oh. So what'cu sayin is you don't need me? But you needed me when you wanted to off yo fam." I said sternly so only she could here

She looked at me frowning "I didn't even ask for your help. You put yourself in my situation! I could've did it myself. I didn't need you then! And I don't need yo ass now man! I don't need nobody!" she yelled as tears started to fall and she rushed out of the gym.

I just stood there dumbfounded. I let her words sink in, did she really mean dat' shit?

*
*
*

I sat in the car for ten minutes until I felt like I should go in the house. I thought about what she said to me today. Maybe it was a way of expressing how she felt, maybe what happened last night is taking a toll on her,.....or maybe she just don't need me.