Chapter 2:

I put on my earphones and turned the volume loud enough for me to ignore Gray and his stupid friends. We got to Michael's driveway and went inside Michael's house. Seconds later, he came back out with Michael, Ruben, and this other dude I don't recognize. He must be a new student. 

From: Kiwi

hey. let's go to "the Parlor" tomorrow?

To: Kiwi

Yeah sure and since we're getting our Chemistry quiz today, whoever gets the lowest score has to buy the one with the higher score some food or in this case. ice cream. Ok? Read 7:20 a.m

    I looked up from my phone and Michael was waving something in front of me. I took off one of my earphones and he gave me a grin. 

"Come to the party." He didn't say it as a question but as a command. I wanted to punch his face. 

"Michael, don't force her." My brother gave me a "I'm sorry look". Why is he even friends with him, anyway? He protects me and then this.

"It'll be fun." This time it was the new kid.

I smiled, "Parties aren't my thing."

"Of course the good student would say that." Michael's tone had a hint of annoyance to it, and people ask me why I hate him. We got to the school's parking lot and Nate was waiting for me at the gate. I got out of the car and the new kid caught up to me. 

"Don't worry about him. You and you're friends should go. I'm Jay, by the way." He smiled and I shook his hands.

"Kayla, nice to meet you." I smiled. I hugged Nate, who gave me a playful grin.

"Don't"

"Who's him?" He asked. We started walking and as always, some girls were staring at him. I ignore him and he smiled. "Don't worry, I'm not going to steal him." Then, he winked.

"Kayla, Nate!" We turned around and Melissa was running towards us. We waved at her and started running away.

I laughed, "We're so mean."

"Nah, she was a couch potato all summer. She need sit." Nate joked.

I laughed and then I hit a wall... or I thought it was a wall. I looked up to see Michael.Ugh, this is so cliched. 

"Kayla, have you see Layla?" Michael asked.

"No, is she one of your girlfriends?" I rolled my eyes and he clicked his tongue.

"It's none of your business," He left and Nate looked like he would've strangled him. 

"You stupid asses," Melissa said out of breath. She looked at Nate and then me. "What happened?" She whispered. 

"Do you know someone named Layla?" Nate brushed his hair and bit his bottom lip.

I stood up and dust myself off. Who is she? I sighed, "Who cares, whoever she is she's probably important to Michael. Ring!!!

"Let's go to advisory." Nate hugged me and I smiled. He knows how to make me feel better.

I went  to my English class. I sat down and put my head on the table. All I can think of is Michael and the party. Who's Layla? She's probably the only girl that means something to Michael. It's still hard to believe that Michael used to make me happy.