Chapter 14

Flashback continues....

                    Not even a single soul was there near the entrance as we made our way in. I glanced back at Zayn Malik following me and caught a slight frown mixed with confusion on his face. I assume it should have hurt his ego that nobody was eager for his arrival here. Only if he knew how excited the kids ad staff were when I declared that he likes to visit the Asylum again. So next time you egoistic pop star try to be on time.

                    I guided him to the guest room and went in to look for Anna. The kids were in the hall having their evening tea and snacks and all of them had a look of disappointment. I know if I enter the hall now, all of them will at once flee to the front leaving behind their tea and Anna would kick me then. So without gaining their attention I made my way to the kitchen.

                  “Hey” I greeted Anna only to be turned around forcibly.

                  “Is he here?” Tessa’s shrill voice pierced my ears. Tessa is the Asylum’s all in all cook.

                “Shh” I mumbled holding my index finger close to my lip before adding “ya he is here” and passing a teasing smile her way while she continued to shriek excitedly. Tessa is about twenty one and yet she is obsessed with One Direction.

             “Tessa, go look the kids” Anna demanded as Tessa unwillingly left.

            “Emma, see if he needs anything. We will be there in a minute” Anna said.

              When I reached the guest room Zayn was engrossed in the paintings and photographs on the wall. He had his hands inside his pockets as he looked at the pictures along with the description below. The paintings were all made by our kids. The photographs were from the different functions conducted at the Asylum. Of course there were pictures from the recent annual function with Zayn Malik as the whole focus of attention. He stopped at the picture where I am handing the bouquet to him, examining it before turning back and passing a teasing smile my way, turning my cheeks warm.

                    “They all will be there in a minute” I said while he nodded.

                    “Kids are having their tea- aw-” somebody knocked me on the shoulder and I turned back to see Tessa with a cup of coffee standing behind me nervously. I turned to Zayn pulling Tessa with me.

               “This is Tessa, another all in all of Asylum who can do magic in cooking and a great fan of One Direction.” I added the last part passing a teasing smile to Tessa. Her eyes widened and her hands trembled.