Chap. 6 Rescue and Healing

I forgot this the last few chapters but, I don't own anything except for my crazy ideas. Also, remember, Robin doesn't have any of his memories yet.

——————————————————————————————————————————

Robin was cold, tired, and scared. All he wanted was his Tati, but that hope was starting to dim rather quickly. Around him was a puddle of blood... his own blood. Zuko and Deathstroke were not very nice people and the torture was starting to wear at him. A loud booming was heard somewhere in the building, but Robin didn't think anything of it. Large booms happened all the time. But when a dark shadow falls across his door and a smaller explosion breaks the lock, Robin cries in relief, the sweetest word leaving his lips.

"Batman!"

Line break and Batman's POV

When the Batjet landed, Batman ran ahead. His little bird was trapped in that vile place and he wanted to get Robin out. Reaching the doors, the team catches up to him, all looking ready to save their youngest teammate. Before blowing the door open, Ms. Martian reminds everyone of a key factor. "Robin still doesn't have any memories. To him, the big accident... whatever it is, just happened not too long ago."

Batman just growls, speaking with authority. "Leave him to me, I'm the only one that knows his language."

With that the door blows and all chaos breaks loose. Sliding in, Batman hits both guards right away, leaving them to crumple silently to the floor. The same thing happens to anyone who is unlucky enough to get in his way. Hacking into the systems, Batman locates the containment area and runs down the hall.

Finding the correct door, another smaller explosive is placed and Batman stands back as it blows. When he walks in, he almost gags at the stench of blood, vowing to hurt the people that injured Robin. The said bird was on the floor, pale and weak. That doesn't stop him from crying out in desperation.

Kneeling down, Batman gently lifts the child, whispering reassuring phrases in Romanian. Robin's eyes close and he falls asleep, at peace knowing that he was saved.

Back at the cave, and a day later, back to being Robin's POV

Opening his eyes, Robin is greeted by a sight that makes him giggle softly. Batman was in a chair... fast asleep. At the soft giggle he wakes up, granting the young boy a small smile. Yesterday was extremely stressful by the time they had gotten back to the cave. Although Robin was able to get patched up on the ship, the issue of his memories was still there.

When he first woke up, Batman explained the situation to him. It was hard to swallow, but Robin had still let the strange green girl get near him. When she was in the process of fixing his memories, it was strange and slightly terrifying. Afterwards though, he felt a huge relief, knowing that his friends surrounded him.

Batman helps Robin out of bed, giving the injured boy support as he walked. They go to the common room, where the rest of the team surrounds Robin, smiling and exclaiming how glad they were to see him up and moving.

Moving to the couch, Robin places his bum knee up, still sore from the original fall and made worse by the torture. However, this didn't stop Robin from interacting with the team. When KF feel on his butt by slipping on the rug, no one could disagree on the fact that Robin laughed the loudest and hardest.

Red Arrow - B06

Hearing the loud cackle, Red Arrow walks in with a faint smile. Quietly, he sneaks behind the oblivious speedster and scares him, causing the fast ginger to shriek and run out of the room. This resulted in Robin laughing again, and the rest of the team joining in.

End of the day

The common room lights were dimmed, and a movie was playing in the background. However, the only thing that the heroes were focused on was the image of Robin fast asleep, wrapped in a blanket and using a stiff Batman as a pillow. One by one they all fall asleep like that, all relieved that Robin was safe and happy.

Once the whole team had fallen asleep, Batman relaxes and openly smiles, stroking the black hair of his young ward. Once, when Dick was at home, he had shared his family motto.

"Familia lipesc una de alta, indiferent de ce." (Family stick together, no matter what.)

Honestly? Batman and Bruce Wayne couldn't agree more.

——————————————————————————————————————————

Look at this! It's another update peeps! Check back next week for another crazy chapter. Same Bat Day (hopefully) Same Bat Book (for sure).