Chap. 5 Bereft

Here we are people, the promised new chapter that I kept talking about. Now how about we calm down and read the story, yeah? This is going to be based off the episode Bereft, but there will be a few differences.

——————————————————————————————————————————

Day After Mission

To say that Batman was nervous was an understatement. To say that he was downright worried was closer to the truth. Of course, he never showed any of those emotions, and the only person who could tell was his faithful butler that was brining him a large cup of steaming coffee every two hours. If only they could have know... if only the mission hadn't gone wrong.

The team was scared. Better yet, the team was terrified. Their little bird was still missing, and it was all their fault. Wally blamed himself for the fact of not watching the little boy closer. Megan blamed herself for getting too close to the tent and not listening to the team. Kaldur was thinking about resigning as team captain, it was his team, and his fault for not making sure everyone was there. If only they could back and save him. If only they knew where he was...

Time for a line break! Isn't this fun? (The day of Mission)

Dick didn't really feel like doing much today. Of course, that was to be expected, considering that his parents had died six months ago yesterday. However, when asked, Dick did suit up and followed Batman to the mountain to keep up the appearance of nothing being wrong.

When they entered the mountain KF zoomed in and started talking, but Robin wasn't even trying to pay attention. Getting the hint, KF stopped talking for once and knelt down, hugging the small boy. Robin tensed up slightly, before relaxing into the embrace, tugging on KF's ear to say that he was alright.

Batman gave the debriefing and the whole team climbed into the Bio Ship, heading out to Bialya for the mission. After they had set up, Miss Martian flew ahead to scout the mission. Suddenly a loud screeching came over the mind link, causing everyone to clench their heads in pain. For some reason, Robin could feel his recent memories slipping... he couldn't remember how to speak English... who were these people? Suddenly, he knew no more...

This should be the last line break for a little bit

Dick was scared. No, even worse, he was terrified! First off, his parents had died yesterday, right before his own eyes. Now, he didn't know where he was and why he was there. When he opened his eyes, he noticed that he was on a bed... in a cell. The next thing he noticed was that he was for some reason wearing his acrobat uniform with a cape and domino mask. He was tempted to take the mask off, but he remembered his mother's words. "It's part of the show, you'll be alright." But the thing was... he wasn't alright. Dick was all alone in a strange hot place and with no way to contact anyone else.

The door creaks open and a black haired lady walks in, holding herself in a regal manner. When she speaks it was in a smooth way, making Dick want to listen to her. However, he fought against the feeling, not liking it in any way. "Hello dear, tell me, what is your name?" She smiles at him in an overly kind way when he doesn't answer, but Dick still caught the flash of anger in her steely eyes.

After a short staring contest with Dick still not saying anything, the lady waves her hand in a dismissive manner. "Never mind, you will break eventually. My name is Queen Bee, and you are my prisoner with no hope to escape. Now, I believe that I know a few friends of yours, and they want to play."

With that the door opens again and in walks a person that chills Dick to the bone. Smiling coldly and holding a shiny knife with passion, Tony Zuko walks into the cell and cackles at the quivering boy. "Oh yes, I remember you. Batman gave me a visit and you hid in the shadows. I thought I could escape, but of course, you got me from behind, you naughty boy. I think you should meet my gang brother, of course, Deathstroke likes to work alone."

The shadows move in the corner, and a person with stark white hair sneaks forward, black and orange mask glinting in the limited light. Dick scoots backward in fear, arms flailing behind him, quickly finding the wall. As Tony and Deathstroke walk closer to him, Dick screams in fear and quickly pain as a boot finds purchase on his ribs. Throughout all of this, no one notices the blinking light on the wrist computer of Dick's, signaling the worried Dark Knight all the way in Gotham City.

Transport to the Cave

Batman - 02

"Team, suit up. I found Robin... and we're going to get him back."

——————————————————————————————————————————

There you go folks, the long awaited update for this "cute" story you all love. Don't know why you stay with me but... oh well! *Hops in a boom tube and disappears into a flash of light*