The Sneeze

I swear that I will updating the story super soon people, and I'm enjoying all the comments that I have been getting. Now, for a treat, how about another short side story huh? How does that sound?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ah... ACHOO!"

That was the first sound that Bruce heard one morning coming from his favorite little bird's room. Moving quietly, he went to investigate, knowing that it had been getting cold and Dick wasn't accustomed to the bitter wind that America could have.

When he creaks open the door, the sight that he was greeted with was Dick curled in a pile of blankets, his nose red and running. The small boy looks up, eyes red with a lack of sleep, a headache throbbing against his forehead.

"Tati... Nu mă simt bine..." (Daddy... I don't feel good...)

Bruce sighs and smiles, walking fully into the room. I know Dick, having a cold isn't very fun. However, I could possibly convince Alfred to make some chamomile tea."

Dick weakly smiles back at the idea... right before sneezing into his arm again, groaning at the mess that had appeared in his elbow. Chuckling, Dick's adoptive father hands him the box of tissues to clean up the "nose explosion" that had happened. (Does that happen to anyone else?)

Just then a small knocks sounds on the door, Alfred holding a tray of cooling tea and toast for the "young master" that both Bruce and he adored. "Here you go Master Dick, just what you need to help with that nasty sniffle that you picked up."

Thanking the butler with a tired smile, Dick drinks the tea and nibbles on the toast under the watchful eye of his Tati. Once the tray was cleared, it was removed from his hands and Alfred walks out, allowing the bonding moment to continue.

Out of nowhere, Dick yawns and rubs his eyes. With the fact of finally being able to breath, the lack of sleep was catching up, and Bruce noticed this. "Go ahead and sleep Dick, you need it."

Bruce goes to get up and leave, but Dick makes a small whimper, using his limited English. "No... stay Tati.."

With that, of course Bruce sat back down on the bed by his son that was by now sleeping peacefully.

An hour later when there still hadn't been any movement, Alfred walks back upstairs to find father and son both fast asleep on the bed, a strong protective arm of Bruce's around the small frame of Dick.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See? I told you, just a cute short story. More will be coming soon, so no need for all of those pitch forks and torches. NAUGHTY READERS!