Chap. 2 The Nightmare

Oh wow! Look at that, 10+ reads...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dick's POV/Dream 

At first, it was dark, nothing could be seen. Then, a light could be seen up ahead, the cheering of a crowd greeting his ears. Then came the screams, and the unmistakable CRACK of two bodies hitting the ground below. Thunder rumbled outside, and a hand grabs the boy from behind. Although he tries, to scream, the hand covers it, a cold heartless voice whispering in his ear.

"No no no, don't do that. Or it might be necessary to make sure you can't talk at all." As this was said, the pale white hand brings up a knife, threatening the boy's tongue. Whimpering, the boy weakly nods, trying to shy away from the sharp object. 

"Nu... va rog" (No... please)

The man just laughs, enjoying the young boy's terror. "Let's not end up like our parents shall we?" The pale specter starts dragging the orphaned boy away, ignoring his pleas. Eventually, he just knocks the boy out, tired of hearing the crying and screams. Coldly, he talks to himself. If anyone were to have heard him, they would have had shivers run down their spine.

"I am the shadows in the dark boy. I am the murderer of your parents. My name... is Tony Zuko. And I don't like to mess around. Be reassured. You can never run, nor hide, from your nightmares.   

Bruce's POV

While walking down the hall, Bruce heard a whimpering coming from Dick's room. Rushing in, he witnessed the small boy thrashing around in the bed, mumbling in Romanian, so fast that even he couldn't understand all the phrases. 

Quickly, he walked over to the bed and pinned the boy down in order to prevent self-injury. Making shushing noises, Bruce also called in Alfred, worried about calming Dick down before he could manage to have a panic attack.

"Dick e în regula. sunt chiar aici. Trebuie sa te trezesti!" (Dick, it's alright. I'm right here. You need to wake up!)

Hearing the frantic voices, Alfred rushes in, guessing that the young master was possibly having a night terror. How right the old butler was. Running out, Alfred quickly enters again with a liquid sleeping aid, soaking a rag with it just in case.

Suddenly, Dick jerks awake, tears streaming down his pale cheeks, black hair covering his eyes. Diving forward, he buries his head into Bruce's night shirt. Rubbing Dick's head, Bruce comforts the crying boy. "I'm not leaving you. Just settle down, you don't need to go back to sleep."

Turning to the butler, while also picking the small boy up, Bruce simply gives a look and Alfred nods. "How about I go make some hot chocolate Master Dick. Would you like that?"

The young boy nods his head against Bruce's chest, not wanting to face the world quite yet. As Alfred leaves, Bruce nudges Dick, concerned about his silence. "Are you ok Dick? You don't have to talk, just give me a sign." Smiling slightly, Dick brings his head out, reassuring the man holding him. The rich man smiles back at Dick, carrying him into another room. 

"I was going to show you this later. This was recently installed, and I thought you might like to see it." Clicking on a light switch, the sight of a trapeze greets their eyes. Dick squirms out of Bruce's arms, to excited to stay still. Rushing up the ladder, he takes the bar in his hand, and drops off the platform, his body automatically becoming graceful, forgetting all of his troubles for the time being. 

As the boy was flipping and swinging, Alfred had walked into the room with steaming mugs of a chocolatey drink. Speaking quietly, he couldn't help but ask the question that had been bothering him all night. 

"Sir... when are you planning on telling him your secret?"

The dark night responds, thinking about the young team hiding in a mountain. "I don't know Alfred, I just don't know"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, lovely readers. Thank you for actually enjoying this book. Feel free to leave comments in order to let me know where I should go with this. Should the team meet Dick next chapter?

(Edited and corrected)