Chap. 4

Holy cow guys... ALMOST 180+ VIEWS! 

Also, kudos to Giarmu for being the first person to comment. Thank you!

Even though it's the end of school, I still don't own anything, darn...

——————————————————————————————————————————

It had been 15 minutes, and the team still couldn't calm the kid... sorry, Robin, down. They had gotten so desperate that Kid Flash had called Red Arrow, although, in retrospect, that might not have been the best choice.

However, with the Robin clearly shaking and wheezing, all of them were starting to get worried. "Nu vreau să fiu lăsat în pace... Tati... Vreau Tati..." (I don't want to be left alone... Daddy... I want Daddy...) Kid Flash takes off his mask, becoming Wally, and walks over to the scared bird, staying small.

"Robin, you have to listen to me. You need to calm down, please. Batman just went off on a mission, he'll be back soon." Wally could see that his words were having an effect because Robin was calming down.

Red Arrow - B06

Roy walks in, looking very annoyed... that is until he saw the young shaking child in Wally's arms. Talking in a gentle tone that most had not heard before, Roy walks over and kneels down, picking Robin up. "Who is this, and what happened?"

The team took turns explaining why there was a random kid in Mount Justice, and why Roy had walked into the middle of a panic attack. By now, Robin had fallen asleep, the pain and terror wiped off his face. Roy carries Robin over into the living room and sits down, the kid still on his lap. Everyone walks over, and with the quiet measured breathing of Robin in the air, they all fall asleep.

The itsy bitsy line break showed up in the story (2 hours later)

The mission had gone shorter than expected. So of course, Batman rushed over to the mountain to check up on his little bird. Even though Robin hadn't been with him for very long, the two heroes already had a strong bond that not many people could rival.

However, he was slightly concerned when even after the zeta beam announced his arrival the area was quiet. Walking into the living room, he saw a sight that even softened the Big Bad Bat.

The whole team was either on or sitting around the couch, most of them sleeping. Connor was sitting in chair staring, and Kaldur was reading on the floor. The girls were asleep wrapped up in blankets and pillows. But the crowning jewel was the fact that Wally, Roy, and Robin were all curled up together on the couch, the young bird with a small smile on his face.

After enjoying the sight for a little, the Dark Knight clears his throat, waking up the whole team right away. Wally snorts and falls off the couch before jumping to his feet, playing off the embarrassment. Roy jerks slightly then glares at the Bat, annoyed at the moment being ruined. Robin, however, was still sleeping, getting the first good rest in 3 weeks. When the young child snores, everyone smiles, although the Bat wouldn't admit it.

Walking silently over, Batman takes Robin from Roy, causing the child to stir. Opening his eyes slightly, Robin smiles and gives a quiet "Tati" before falling back asleep. After a brief thanks to the team, the Dark Knight walks over to the Zeta Beam and departs.

For a little while, the team just stands in silence. It's only broken by Wally loudly saying, "Cute kid, who knew Batman had a heart?"

With that, Roy punches his makeshift brother in the arm and walks out. Only Wally was able to catch the quick smile that flashed across his face before the Archer also disappeared into the light.

——————————————————————————————————————————

So um... one little thing. This story might go on hold for a little bit. I prefer writing on computers and I have to turn in my school computer soon. Sorry, please don't murder me in my sleep. *ducks from rotten fruit*

I'm going to run for my life now!