[Chapter Eleven]

Beginne am Anfang

Alex pulls out a plastic card from his front pocket and then swipes it through the door unlocking it. Once the door is open, Alex slips inside, and I can almost hear shouts of happiness. When I reach the doorway, we find Alex sprawled out on the couch with the remote in his hand.

"I'm going to change," I announce. Nathan closes the door and I head towards the bedroom.

Our flight home is in the early morning, so I've decided to just wear something casual and comfortable. Apparently wearing pyjamas on and the aeroplane is a bad idea, according to Lucy and Hannah. A fashion crime for anyone.

I slip into a pair of yoga pants and a baggy t-shirt. It's not my flannelette kitty pj's, but they do the same thing in the comfort department. Once I'm changed, I gather my belongings and tuck them into the top of my suitcase.

Walking into the bathroom, I start picking out the clips in my hair and tossing them on the bench space in front of me. I run my fingers through my hair and flicking it around so that it falls around my shoulders. I fix the makeup and then walk out the bathroom.

Now that I'm dressed in comfortable clothing, I spy my bed off. I flop down and nuzzle my face in the cover, enjoying the feeling of being on something soft. "I love you."

I hear someone coughing, and then a small laugh. I pop my head up and see Nathan standing in the corner of the room with a smug expression.

"What are you doing in here?" I mumble.

He waves a notebook in front of me, which makes me frown. "What are you doing?" I ask.

"Bout to read this," Nathan confesses. "It looks interesting."

"Please just give it to me?" I ask.

"What are you hiding?" He slowly opens the book to tease me. Nathan settles on the first page and starts to read through it. I find it pointless trying to grab it off him now, so I just wait for him to say something. "I'm scared to get close and I hate being alone –" he reads aloud.

My body relaxes when I hear him reading out lyrics. Nathan stands there, staring at me intently. "- long for that feeling to not feel at all," I finish.

"The higher I get, the lower I sink," he whispers.

I reach out to grab the notepad from his hand but before I can grasp the bundle of paper, he pulls it from my grasp and raises an eyebrow, waiting for me to go on.

"I can't drown my demons, they know how to swim," I whisper.

"Can you feel-"

"Bring Me the Horizon lyrics, nice touch. I never picked you for an alternative music fan," Alex says, disturbing my moment with Nathan. Alex's is standing in the doorway with his back pressed against the metal frame.

"Same could be said about you, I'd never expect you to list them as inspirational on your Twitter profile," I reply to him.

"Music is a craft that stems on more than what catchy tune you can stick with it. Props to the writer for conveying a deep, and meaningful message within a three-minute span. That's was I find inspirational," Alex says.

Rolling my eyes, I snatch my book from Nathan and retreat from my bed. With my hair clips from the bathroom, I stuff these items into my suitcase as well.

Alex and Nathan jump on the bed and settle for a spot in front of me. "So you've come for the weekend, but brought enough clothing for a month?" Alex says. "Good thing you're not famous and touring, you only get an allowance of one bag."

I laugh at the irony of what he's just said. I'm sure girls guide is a lot different to a boy's one, especially if you're touring on a bus.

"Correction, I came here for a weekend with enough clothes for a week and brought enough to last me a month." I chuckle.

"So, you write lyrics?" asks Alex.

"I um, eh, no, not really." I shake my head.

"I bet you could if you wanted to, sometimes it's the determination and the hunger for it that puts people off achieving their goals," explains Alex. He rolls onto his back and tucks his hands behind his head.

"That explains why you don't work much," replies Nathan.

"Means I don't get duked into returning to the studio," snaps Alex, "working here is like a vacation."

"I'm sure it's really fun moving around for work and doing exciting things on the weekend." I smile.

"You get over it quickly. Hotel rooms are the same and so are the people. You do the same thing over and over again that it becomes a simple moment of life rather an altering decision. You become numb." Alex rolls onto his side and shoots me a fake smile before turning his attention to Nathan, "We should go, it's getting late and Riley's clearly tired."

"You don't have to leave," I say.

"Goodnight." Smiles Nathan.

"Sleep well." He winks.

Alex rolls off to the side of the bed and jumps to his feet while Nathan does the same. I quickly follow them outside of my bedroom and to the door.

"It was nice meeting you," I say.

"You to Riley," says Alex with a gleaming smirk on his face.

"Bye." I wave.

The two walk down the hall and I close the door. I'm glad I met them but I'm thankful I get the chance to head back to my bed and gets some sleep. On the bright side, Dad won't know they were in my hotel room either.

 On the bright side, Dad won't know they were in my hotel room either