Awake

I have no choice; it's not that I don't want to see it, believe it. It's the only thing  I can do now. I want to stay, enjoy, cherish these moments, but for me, it's time to go. 

Not that I want to. I want to hold on, remain here for eternity.

This is my truth; I have suffered for long, bearing all the scars bravely. I have been enduring, and it's said that I should leave.

But all I want to do is persevere; struggle and oppose; for it's my fate.

Maybe it's true; that I cannot fly. Maybe I can never soar up to the heights of success; oh that sweet success. Maybe it is impossible for me. Just like those flower petals floating in the wind with wings that of a bird; maybe I can never fly.

Maybe it's true; that I cannot touch that sweet heaven of angels, but I'm me; I'm greedy. I still want to struggle, I still want to suffer; reaching out my hands, running, longing for a bit more.

I walk in this dark tunnel of turmoil. It's dark, cold, damp and eerie. My happy times follow me, presenting me with a simple, yet mind-boggling question.

"Are you really alright?"

I wanted to lie; to pass it off in a smile, but I could not; it's my truth I face.

"Not really; I'm scared out of my wits, for this is a big step I take. But all I am doing is holding onto those six flower petals; my precious petals, and I follow them as I walk while they fly."

Oh no.

But I still want to struggle, to endure more, for this is all I can do.

I want to fly, I try to fly, I persevere to fly. 

It's just that; maybe I can't do that.

But I still watch my dear petals soaring high with their wings.

A/N: *is attacked with tomatoes* Don't blame me, I have exams! I'll surely update this and Survival by the end of this month, I promise! 

This short piece was entirely based on the lyrics of the song "Awake" by Jin (BTS); Album: WINGS. None of the idea is mine, this is entirely based on the lyrics of the song. I don't claim any right on the idea, the words are mine, with exception being some translated words from the Korean lyrics of the song.

Do tell if you want to see this for all the solo songs! Please vote and comment if you liked this and add this book to your reading list for more updates!!