Caught Between Twin Alphas

Skylar's POV

I rubbed my eyes as I sat up in bed and glanced at my alarm clock that read 6:48 AM. That means it's time to get ready for school. It was the first day of my junior year at Crestwood High and I don't wanna be late. I stood up and walked into my bathroom that joined to my room, I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and showered. After my shower, I wrapped myself in my white, fluffy, bathrobe and made my way to my closet. What to wear...what to wear..I looked through my clothes and decided on a pair of white underwear, black sports bra, black skinny jeans, a hot pink tank top, and a pair of black XX-Hi Chuck Taylor's with hot pink laces. I decided to add some waves to my blonde pink dip dyed hair. I looked at myself in the mirror and walked downstairs.

"There you are!" my mother exclaimed.

Mom had her back turned to me while she was cooking eggs, when she turned around she gasped.

"Skylar! What are you wearing? You look like a wanna-be April Washing Machine!"

That made me chuckle.

"You mean Avril Lavigne?"

She made this clicking noise with her tongue and put her hands on her hips, "Really, Skylar, why can't you wear a nice, pretty, dress?"

I rolled my eyes and poured myself some juice, "Uh, how about no?"

It was her turn to roll her eyes as she turned back to cooking. In just a few seconds I heard footsteps coming downstairs.

In just a few seconds, my older brother, Colby, was in the kitchen, raiding the fridge. I cocked an eyebrow at him as he pulled out milk, Cheerio's, Frosted Flakes, and Lucky Charms.

"What? Couldn't decide on one cereal?" I questioned him, sitting down at the table.

"I only like the charms from the Lucky Charms but I love Cheerios and Frosted Flakes so I made Cheery Frosted Charms," he explained as he mixed the cereals into a bowl.

My mom placed a plate in front of me. I immediately started eating my scrambled eggs and french toast.

"This is delicious, mom!" I commented.

She just smiled, "hurry up and eat, you don't want to be late for the first day!"

In about twenty minutes, Colby and I had finished eating and started our walk to school. We luckily didn't live too far so we generally just walked. Colby was on the phone with one of his friends talking about some girl he hooked up with at a party last week, I rolled my eyes and put my earbuds in and putting "We Own The Night" by The Wanted on.

We were at school in ten minutes when all of a sudden Sarah West, the wicked witch of the west, bumped into me.

"Oh, Skylar, I didn't see you there," she said with a smirk.

'I'm sure she didn't. Why don't we teach this skank a lesson?' my wolf said in my mind.

I'm a werewolf, my dad's the alpha of the Red Dawn pack and my brother is the future alpha. My mom is the luna.

'No, I'd rather not get sent to the office on the first day of school.'

I could easily take care of Sarah, she is a human, after all. But I know if I did anything I'd get sent to the office and the principal would call my parents and they'd give me another lecture about contolling my anger and what not.

"Look, Sarah, if you're really that blind, you should probably get glasses," I replied.

She just glared at me and hit my shoulder as she walked off.

I shook my head. Good thing she's human, some poor werewolf could've been stuck with her as a mate. It's still possible a werewolf could have a human mate but unlikely. All werewolves have mates, they're like, soulmates. Basically, your wolf will only crave your mate and nobody else and it's practically impossible to cheat on your mate.

I walked to the double doors and walked inside.

Xander's POV

I walked through the halls of Crestwood High. Even though I'm the alpha of the Dreamshade pack, my parents still thought education was important. So here I was, in highschool. They homeschooled me last year but they thought I needed to go to an actual school so I could 'socialize' with kids my age. Because I'm an alpha, most of the people I dealt with were adults and adult problems since I was young. My mom jokes I'm 17 going on 37. Most of the students at Crestwood High are werewolves from different packs.

I made my way to the office and stood in front of the desk and waited as a woman gave another kid his schedule. Once she turned her attention to me she smiled.

"How may I help you?"

"I need my schedule and locker combination, ma'am."

She seemed surprised by my politeness, I guess teenagers aren't always the most polite people in the world. She handed me my schedule and combination and I smiled and thanked her before I went on the search for my locker. I found my locker, locker 403. Opening the locker, I put my stuff in and got the correct books for my first class, History. I was about to shut my locker when I heard an all too familiar chuckle behind me making me slam my locker.

"Enjoying highschool, brother?"

Turning around, I was face to face with none other than my twin brother, Xavier.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I came to check up on you," he replied, leaning against the locker next to mine.

Xavier was my twin, so we'd have to fight for the alpha title, instead of doing that, my parents decided to let him be the alpha of his own pack, the Nightshade pack. My parents let him choose if he wanted to go to school or not which he chose not to.

"Why are you here? You had the chance to come but you said no," I reminded him.

"Can't I just visit my little brother?"

I groaned. Not this again. He was two minutes older than me, two minutes might as well be 2 years to him.

"I don't have time for this, I'm going to be late to class," I told him, turning to walk down the hall when this intoxicating scent hit me. I began to scan the halls when my eyes landed on her. The most beautiful girl I had ever seen.

'MATE' my wolf growled.

"MATE," I growled quietly.

But then I heard something behind me coming from my brother and when I turned to face him, I saw his mouth open and the word, "Mate" come out. My brother and I have the same mate?!

So yeah, there it is! This is my first chapter and I wanna know what you guys think and if I should continue. I've never written a werewolf story before so yeah, I'll see how this goes! Thanks for reading!(: