He backed away from me clutching onto his towel tighter “No I'm not” he let out a small laugh. I grabbed onto him, pushing him onto the bed and tickled him relentlessly”

“Erick!” he would squeal after catching some of his breath

I didn’t stop. I wanted him to keep on laughing, to keep on smiling. His big eyes full of emotion.

“Please!” he begged laughing like a mad man “I’ll do anything!”

I stopped momentarily to let him breath “Anything?” I asked curious. I started tickling him again so he wouldn’t back out

“Yes!” he squealed. Dirty thoughts raced through my mind like there was no tomorrow.

But I wanted something more than that.

Getting off him and pulling him so we were facing each other I asked him

“What’s the matter?”

“Huh?”

I sighed I hated getting personal but it was killing me “You’re hardly eating, you don’t want to go out, you don’t want to do anything, you get annoyed when I look at you, you won’t talk to me, you won’t even look at me, Max you won’t even let me touch you”

Any trace of a smile that he had vanished. “I-I’m sorry” he dropped his head into hands

I gazed at him confused “What are you apologising for?”

“I’m off.” He whispered

“What?” I asked edging near him

“I’m disgusting!” he looked at me as if it was obvious

“Max you’re-“

“Of course I am Erick! Of course I am!” he cried “I'm filthy and once the neighbours take one look at me they’re going to know” he sobbed “A victim of rape”

And then it hit me, he was saying exactly what his mother told him the day at the hospital. I kept my hands to myself not wanting to break his trust

“Max no offence your mom is a crazy bitch. None of those things are true”

“I asked for it” he cried banging his head “I ASKED FOR IT!”

“No you didn’t!” I pleaded with him. Is that why he didn’t want me touching or looking at him because he thought he was disgusting?

“But you told me he was dangerous and I still didn’t listen!” he was crying his eyes out his head in his hands. “I don’t want you to be nice to me, to hold me, to look at me like that because I don’t deserve it! I don’t Erick I deserve to suffer!”