Chapter 15

[ oh not a single day goes by where you don't cross my mind ]

"So," I start as I take a sip of my coffee, we had made it to the small coffee shop and took a seat together outside

"So," I start as I take a sip of my coffee, we had made it to the small coffee shop and took a seat together outside. A position I had been in before. "Tell me, how did you end up with her." He seems surprised by my choice of words. "I just mean she's quite rude, you know?" I cover myself.

"She was quiet seductive at the start." He starts, I try not to let the feeling of jealousy overcome me, I know he had history with her. "I was drunk one night, one party, she was there and one thing lead to another and.. I didn't really do the girlfriend thing at the time." I could tell he added the 'at the time' part to make me feel at least a little bit better about the situation. What were we though? We hadn't really discussed it.

"How long ago was this?" I ask him, curious.

"Around the middle of my senior year." I feel relieved that it at least wasn't a couple of months ago, I would feel like I am a rebound if it was any closer.

"We never confirmed that we were together, we only spent one night with each other and she had already put a title on us without asking. She told everyone that we were together back then. Everyone knew about it and we were the couple of the school."

"Why didn't you just deny it?" I question.

"Because it was out, and I was stupid and I didn't really care. I had fought with her about it though, in the end she threatened to spread some shit about my dad that was private, she
went snooping through my stuff and found out some really bad stuff." He explains, I sigh to myself. She's a handful, I hope she just leaves us alone. I feel curious to know what all that stuff is about, but I don't pry. I start scraping the rest of my food from my plate and chewing on it.

"I understand." I assure him, he takes a for full of food and shoves it in his mouth slightly aggressively.

"I shouldn't have kissed her, hell I shouldn't have kissed anyone. I've just brought back trouble." He groans to himself, I bite my lip. I don't have an answer or anything to say about his statement, partly because most of what he said was true.

"What caused you two to break up?" I try to move past his statement.

"Me, I told everyone we had broken up and she was the one who started to seem crazy, once everyone had heard it from me themselves, she started to make up other rumours, we only lasted a couple of months though. Side note, those months were actual hell." A small smile comes from my lips at his choice of words, he notices it and I see a small part of him look accomplished.

"So, you're not upset or mad at me?" He asks, he takes another big forkful of food. I look at mine, I then take a mouthful and swallow it before answering. He starts playing with his coffee cup, we had gotten take away cups—I liked them better than glass mugs.