chapter 1

[ we're not who we used to be
We're just two ghosts standing in the place of you and me ]

[ we're not who we used to be We're just two ghosts standing in the place of you and me ]

"I am not wearing that." My voice echoes through the dorm room as I stare at the dress in front of me placed there by my friend Victoria. It was lacy, but revealing, like, very revealing.

"It's not that bad." She says from the bathroom as she puts her makeup on. I roll my eyes and look through my cupboard, I hadn't completely gotten all of my clothes in, who knew there would be a party?

"Why are we even going? Aren't we supposed to be celebrating when we're finished University—not starting it." I complain as I pull down shirts that are sitting in the cupboard and shove them back in.

"We are going to this whether you like it or not, you're new and you need to meet new people." I hear the annoyance in her voice, but she is used to me complaining about these sort of things.

"I get that.. I just think a party isn't the best idea for me. You know how I get." I explain. She doesn't hesitate to fight back with one of her 'oh famous quotes' that stick with me for the rest of the night.

"I know you have a wild side to you, you just need to show it more often when you're around people." I roll my eyes at her comment. I do, I mean, I do it sometimes. I just don't want to be that sort of person that is a partying all the time and not focusing on my future. I can't seem to find any outfits sitting in my cupboard so I shut the doors.

"I just think that—" she cuts me off before I can complain anymore.

"Well maybe you should stop thinking for tonight, c'mon Hayley." Victoria pleas, I inhale a deep breath and let all of my worries and thoughts go.

So, I sigh. "Alright, fine. We will do tonight your way, but I'm blaming you if anything bad happens to you or to me."

"Deal. Now hurry up and let's get ready." She says as she pokes her head back into the bathroom to add finishing touches to her makeup. As she is doing that, I take it upon myself to at least give this dress a try. I undress myself and pull the dress up my legs and shove my arms into the sleeves, what the hell.

"Okay wow that dress really is bad." She says as  she looks at the dress in almost horror. I try to tug it down on my thighs. I place my hands on my hips and give her a disapproving glare.

"Told you." I groaned as I took it off straight after her words.

"Well what are you gonna wear now?" She asks as I shove the dress in the trash can. It won't be missed. She doesn't argue with my actions.

"Jeans and whatever else I can find I guess." I shrug as I open the drawer with my jeans in it.

"I mean, the weather isn't that hot at the moment so you could get away with saying that you were cold or something?" I pull out a pair of black skinny jeans and shut the drawer. She goes back into the bathroom looking at her beautiful self, but we continue our conversation.