Accidents

Flame's POV
Name: Winry Rockbell
Age: 17
Background: Winry is a childhood friend of Edward Elric and Alphonse Elric. She lost her parents at age 9, because of an explosion in the local clinic they worked at. After their death, Winry began to live with her grandmother. One night, Edward Elric and his younger brother, Alphonse Elric had disappeared. They were later found and after Winry began working with prosthetic limbs.
I sighed. 'There has to be a connection somewhere....'
Ed's POV
"This is too suspicious! It's been two weeks since an attack!" I exclaimed. Mustang sighed. "Calm down Fullmetal." He replied. I looked at him. "Yeah well unlike you Flame, I'm not lazy." I retorted. We were in the middle of a meeting. "Both of you, enough. Now, Flame continue with your report." Our superior said. Mustang nodded. "Well, like Fullmetal said, it's been about two weeks since the last attack. The victim was a young girl, named Winry Rockbell. When we went to investigate the room she was imprisoned in, newspaper clippings and parts of what looked like prosthetic limbs and other mechanical parts were lying around." Mustang explained. "Well, keep up the good work you two. This meeting has come to an end." And with that, we walked out the room. "Thanks for keeping out the part about that card Flame." I said quietly. He nodded. "No problem Fullmetal." The walk back to my office was quiet. "I have to make a call really quickly." I stated. A couple days ago, my arm got messed up in a mission. I walked towards the phone. "Hello?" She asked. "Hey uh Winry...? Could you uh...maybe stop by my office...? I kinda....broke my arm...." I said softly. And with that, I put the phone far away from my ear. "EDWARD ELRIC HOW COULD YOU BREAK MY PRECIOUS WORK?! DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I SLAVED OVER THAT ARM?!" She yelled. "Fine. I'll be there in a few." She muttered after and hung up. I sighed in relief and sat down in my chair, making it spin. "That's always gonna be the worst part." I mumbled. Mustang laughed softly. "Good luck Ed." He teased. I rolled my eyes. "Shut up."
-Time Skip-
Eventually, Winry showed up and hit me in the head with her wrench, scaring Mustang and making him worry about me. I didn't understand why, but I enjoyed the fact that Mustang cared so much. "It's nice to see you again Ed." She said softly. I nodded. Winry looked at Mustang. I could've sworn she glared at him. "Officer." She stated. "Alright. I need to see your arm Ed." Winry explained. I nodded and pulled off my jacket. Underneath, I was wearing a tank top, so Winry could easily look at my arm. As she worked, Mustang and I exchanged small talk. "That mission the other day was pretty dangerous." Mustang started. I nodded. Before I could reply, Winry cut in. "Anyone else get injured under your watch Ed?" She asked, making me look at her in puzzlement. I understood suddenly what she meant and stiffened. "No....they didn't..." I lied. In truth, two members of my team were killed. While another three were severely injured. "Well, your arm's fixed." She finished, standing up. "Yeah...thanks..." I mumbled, putting my jacket back on. Once she left, I sighed. "Well that's over." I mumbled. Mustang took a seat next to me. "Not yet. There's been another victim." I growled in frustration. "Do they know who?" I asked. He nodded. "Yeah. Her name is Riza Hawkeye."