I Impersonate Indiana Jones

It was close. Five days had passed. The Camp only had two days left to surrender. Hopefully my team had realized by now that I couldn't escape on my own. I couldn't use my powers, and ever since my little stunt with the fake me, they had tripled the amount of guards on me whenever they took me out of the pit.

I sighed and stared at the other side of the pit. It was getting hard to convince Tartarus that his treatments were working. He had been taking me out everyday and "torturing" me, trying to get me to join him or give him answers about Camp. He was starving me too. No food, no water. None of it affected me, obviously, but I had never been much of an actor. It was hard to act frail and starved and in pain. By some miracle, I'd make it of here in time to help fight the battle.

After the same usual hours of sitting in the dark, I heard clashes, grunts, and metal scraping against each other from above me. I stood up and grabbed the bars, trying to get a better look.

A few people were fighting the monsters and demigods. It looked like it was a rescue team. My team.

I whooped in joy and banged on the bars. One of them turned around towards me, and their face broke out into a grin. Bianca.

She laughed and ran over to me, stabbing any monsters in her path. Zoë covered her from behind, shooting any monsters she didn't see.

She reached the pit and grabbed the steel bars, pulling them open. She offered me her hand and I grasped it firmly, pulling myself out. Once I was out, she hugged me close. "Why didn't you escape?"

I tugged her out of the way of a flying dagger. "I couldn't. He blocked my powers and even though he can't take Riptide, he positioned tons of guards on me. Thanks for coming."

She nodded. "Just happy you're okay."

I chuckled. "Come on, it's me you're talking about!"

"I know." She said as I took out Riptide and we joined the fight.

Luke and Nancy were fighting a particularly large hellhound, and Beckendorf and Daedalus were fighting demigods while trying not to hurt them. Silena was taking out any monster near her.

I ran over to Luke and Nancy and killed the hellhound with one well placed slash of Anaklusmos. "Hey Perce, nice to see you're okay." Luke greeted, before stabbing his sword into an approaching empousa.

"Yep, now let's get out of here. You didn't bring anyone from Camp, right?" I grabbed a dracaenae's whip and cracked it at the nearest monster. Along with the rest of my team, we slowly crept backwards towards the opening of the cavern.

Nancy grit her teeth and swung her sword at a monster behind her without looking. "Just Blackjack."

Hey, boss! Need a lift?

"Yep!" I ran to the side and Blackjack swooped down. When he was close enough, I jumped onto his back.

We flew around, and I threw daggers at every monster in range. The team made it outside safely. "Go, follow them!" Blackjack beat his wings and we shot out of the cave.

Light. Fresh air. Things I hadn't experienced in five days. It's amazing how small things like that seem until you go without them for a bit.

Silena conjured a portal. Everyone jumped through until Silena was waiting for me. A Laistrygonian threw a giant boulder at me and I dodged it like Indiana Jones. I even started humming the tune.

Really, boss?

"What? You know me, I make life or death situations fun." I continued my imitation of Indiana Jones by cracking the whip I stole at any monsters near me. It was pretty fun.

Silena let out an exasperated sigh. "Come on! We need to get out of here!"

"All right, all right!" With one final crack of the whip, I dropped it and steered Blackjack down to Silena.

I thought we were home free. Apparently not. "Look out!" Silena yelled, but too late.

I turned around to get smacked in the face with a boulder. I tumbled off of Blackjack's back. Look back at the amount of monsters heading towards us, I knew I wouldn't make it. Again. If I tried to get through the portal, Silena would either end up staying or the portal would stay open a little too long and a few (by 'a few,' I mean 'a lot') monsters would come with us.

I pushed myself up and turned to Blackjack. "Get Silena out of here. Don't worry about me. They can't do anything. Besides, when the battle starts I'll have my powers back and I'll be able to escape. Go! I don't care what you have to do, just get Silena out."

Blackjack reluctantly agreed. See you soon. He took off towards Silena and gently grabbed her shirt before pulling her through the portal.

"No! Not again!" She screamed, but soon disappeared. The portal closed, and I was stuck here again.

I turned back to the monsters and raised my sword. Once again, I slashed and hacked until I was ankle deep in monster dust. I would never go down without a fight.

Eventually, I started to tire. As I disintegrated the last hellhound, Tartarus appeared. "Nice try. All you accomplished was reduce my army by about five percent." My jaw dropped. That was only five percent? "Not much of a difference." He smiled. "Back to your little pit."

I groaned and let two empousa yank my arms behind my back as they marched me back to my cell. We had been so close.

Fake me jumped down into the pit with me. I faked the pain when he borrowed some of a nearby Primordial's powers. He tried to hurt me, kicking and punching me. I could tell he got annoyed when I didn't start bleeding or bruising since I had dipped in the Styx. At one point monsters were gathered at the mouth of the pit and cheered as he beat me up.

"What are you laughing at?" He demanded. I closed my mouth when I realized I had been snorting.

"Just the fact that you still haven't figured out why you can't hurt me." It was pretty funny. There is only one way I know of, so he should only know one way. Plus, he has it too, since he was made from me.

His eyes widened as it dawned on him. "You dipped in the River Styx. That's why you didn't fight when I almost hit your back."

"Bingo! I thought you would've known, since you are me and you were made from me. That means you have it too. How do you think I knew where your mortal spot was?"

He growled. "Don't forget, I know yours too."

"Yeah yeah. Whatever." After a few more punches and torture treatments from him, everyone left. I tried my best to prepare for the battle.

It would happen in two days.

~

"Hey! Get up! You're coming with us." Two days had passed. They were coming for me. Probably planning to kill me in front of the Camp and my team would start the battle. Obviously, they wouldn't be able to kill me.

Two demigod traitors pulled me out of the pit and chained my hands together. Every monster, god, and demigod was heading for the center cavern. There, Tartarus had created a portal. The demigods shoved me through first and followed quickly. Horror traveled through my body as I looked out and saw that Tartarus's army was about to storm Camp Half-Blood.

I glanced back. One at a time, the monsters stepped through the portal. I looked back at Camp and saw that every camper, even the Aphrodite children, were wearing armor and holding a weapon.

The war had begun.