If You're A Demigod Don't Say Things You Don't Want To Come True

If You're A Demigod, Don't Say Things You Don't Want To Come True

I just had to jinx it. I had to!

I woke up to what sounded like a body being slammed against the side of the cabin--obviously not a good sign.

I jumped out of bed and my armor appeared on my body. I pulled out Riptide. "Up! Get up! Camp's under attack!" The team shot out of bed and grabbed their armor and weapons. We stormed outside to see thousands upon thousands of monsters climbing the hill just beyond Thalia's tree. Somehow I knew this was only a small portion of Tartarus's army.

Without wasting any time, we jumped into the fray of swords clanging and daggers slashing. I sent Zoë and Bianca into the air on a platform of water where they could take out some of the more dangerous monsters from the air. They started shooting right away, but they didn't shoot normal arrows. They shot poison tipped arrows, exploding arrows, arrows that tied themselves around their target, and any other arrow you could think of.

Silena ran off to help the Aphrodite kids, seeing as how they were still hopeless with fighting. She reached them and made them huddle in a circle, before she joined a few Hermes and Athena kids who were already protecting them. Using the powers she got from Ananke she blew a wide circle around them which made every monster within 10 feet be blasted away. The closest ones disintegrated. With some time on her hands now, she looked at me and nodded. I got her message and teleported the campers to one of the many safe tunnels the Hephaestus had created. They would be of no help here, they would only slow us down and be a hindrance.

The funny thing was, I couldn't see "myself" anywhere in sight. Coward. Pontus did a terrible job trying to replace me with me.

With every other camper and Hunter now fighting, I looked around to find where I was needed most. Near the woods, I saw a few of the newer Hunters in a tree, surrounded by hellhounds. They were doing their best to shoot at them, but more replaced the fallen monsters.

I started toward them before I saw Grover and the satyrs cornered by dozens of empousa. I saw Chiron holding off dracaenae, but he was bound to fall soon. My team was doing the best that they could, but we couldn't be everywhere at once.

There was one of few things I could do. But it was risky, if I pushed myself too hard, it would not be good.

Beckendorf caught my eye. One look from me and he knew what I was going to do. He sighed but came over to my side, parrying off attacks at the same time. "You sure? You know you'll be out for at least an hour."

"I'm sure." With that Beckendorf positioned himself next to me. If I did this right, I would be passing out from the exertion.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I called on the power that had been given to me, the one that had allowed me to destroy Pontus. Chaos had taught me how to control it after that, so I wouldn't accidentally unleash it.

I felt it rise inside of me. My feet left the ground as I floated upward until I was as high as the tree tops. I could feel the campers look up at me. The monsters must have been stupid, because they did too.

I took another breath before opening my eyes. My body was glowing black with the power of Pontus. I started to spin in slow circles, picking up speed.

Once I was sure that I couldn't spin any faster, I unleashed it. Bolts of raw power shot in every direction, headed for every single monster. In seconds, the ground was covered in dust. No monster remained. I had succeeded.

Black spots danced across my eyes and my head felt like it was swimming. I dropped like a stone where Beckendorf caught me, just as we had planned.