I finished my chocolate milk and made myself comfortable on the love seat. Opening my book and getting lost in the words.

I lived through the pain and survived.
I'm not just a girl, a woman, and proud.
My name rang through the speakers as all men bowed.
They now knew this was my kingdom and they knew it was loud.
I stood and showed them, all what I could do.
Before they called me a woman, speaking the name in disgrace.
They spoke and told me I shall see them as men, but now it's all over.
I'm a woman and they're bend.
I worked long and hard, but now they understand.
That being a men, is not just for them.

The book intrigued me, her words spoke to me in levels she one day hoped to reach. And she did, not just with me. I was sure of it.

The book was written by a woman a long time ago, men saw her as nothing but a lust object. They called her a woman as an insult but she was proud. She was strong. She showed men she was strong and in the end they bowed for her. They understood that being a woman wasn't an insult, it was prize.

And that's why I look up to her. She was her own person and she showed people you shouldn't listen. You can do whatever you want, with whatever you are. Men, Woman, Black, White, Chubby, Skinny. Anything. You can do it, if you just stand proud and tall.

I want to be that person one day, I want to show people that no matter what they say, I won't always be the girl who sits quietly in a room reading. I made a change, maybe not in the world, but somewhere, sometime, someone will look at me and say. 'Look, that's the girl I look up too.'

I wondered if it was ever going to happen, my concentration being torn away from the book. Will I ever be something else then just the girl who reads? Will a little child ever look up to me? Am I strong enough to survive something?

''Haven?'' My grandma called, now completely changing my thoughts. ''Yes?'' I replied, getting up out of my comfortable chair and laying my book too rest in it.
''Will you come here for a second?'' She asked, her voice clearly coming from down the stairs. She could come up the stairs, but she rather didn't. It would cost her too much energy. Which was understandable on her age.
My feet carried me to the stairs quickly, not wanting to let the older lady wait.

She smiled once she saw me appear, watching me walk down the stairs carefully. Like every step I took was about to be my last. ''I have another copy of this book''

She began, showing me the book in her hands. ''It's in the basement, and I need it. But I don't like walking down those old stairs, would you mind going down there and finding the book for me?'' She finished, looking at me with a doubtful look. I immediately said yes, always doing what she asked.

She thanked me and handed me the book. But when I started thinking about it the thought frightened me.

The basement? Wasn't the light broken? I had to go down there in the dark with only a flashlight and a book as protecting. And after all that has happened, that wasn't very secure for me. But I went anyway, after all, Gigi had asked me. And I couldn't let her walk down there because of my selfish ways.

I took a flashlight from behind the counter and dubbel checked if it worked. It did, both times. I let out a deep sigh, letting go all of my fear and doubts and opened the basement door. My feet carried me through the door, leaving it opened behind me.

I thought it would feel more secure if the door had been open behind me, so I just knew I could find any source of light if I needed too. But my flashlight had to do for now. I carefully stepped down the stairs, my not so bright flashlight lighting up the steps in front of my feet. I noticed I had the book grandma had given me to take with me clenched tightly against my body.

I reached the end of the stairs and my flashlight lightened up a bit of the basement. It was filled mostly boxes and two bookshelf's, in which was told me I should find a replica of the book I was currently using as a weapon.

Just when I was about to step forward to complete my mission, the previously left open door closed behind me with a loud bang. It scared me so badly my books fell to the ground. ''Gigi?'' I shouted, hoping it was just her accidently closing the door.

But no one replied.

Just that second my flashlight started to flicker. That was enough for me to ran up the stairs and start hitting door, after of course trying to open it normally. But it was locked.

Goosebumps where all over my body, fear so badly I couldn't think straight. I only knew I had to get out of here. ''GRANDMA!'' I cried, hitting the door continuously.

No reply.

''GIGI!'' I shouted, tears starting to fall down my cheek as my flashlight now totally went dead.

And there it was, the thing I had feared the most.

''Wow, careful there.''

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

A/N:

Cliffhanger...

I think, I tried.

I'm excited to continue writing, I keep getting new idea's for the story which is great. For both you and me.

Oh, and her name is revealed. Haven. Like or no?

Sorry once again, for it taking so long. Blame school.

Hope you liked this chapter, let me know what you thought.

Xoxo, Kim.