Chapter Three

Aaliyah

After I Left The Club, I Felt Wasted. I Got Home And Hopped In My Bed And Went To Sleep. I Didn't Get To Go To Sleep Because My Phone Started Ringing. It Was Chris.

"Hello ?" I Said Wasted.

"Are You Drunk ?" He Said Concerned.

"Just A Little Bit."

"Alright, I Will Call Tomorrow."

He Hung Up And I Went To Sleep. The Next Day, I Woke Up With A Bad Headache. I Took Some Tylenol So My Head Can Calm Down A Bit. I Hopped In The Shower And The Water Hit Me. About 15 Minutes Later, I Hopped Out The Shower And Put On My Pajamas.

Today Was A Lazy Day For Me. Then My Cell Phone Rang. It Was Chris.

"Hello ?"

"Goodmorning."

"Is Yasmine Alright ?"

"Yes, She Is Fine But She Told Me About You Told Her."

"What Did I Tell Her ?"

"That If Someone Is Annoying Her, Put Them In Their Place."

"Oh I Know That. These People Today Are A Mess."

"Shut Up. You Were The One That Told Her That, Liyah."

I Loved When He Used To Call Me That When We Were Dating. But I Can't.

"Can I See Her Again ?"

"I Mean, She Is Your Daughter."

"Aight, I'm Coming Over. And You Forgot Something Today."

"What Is That ?"

"Today Is My Birthday."

"Oh Happy Birthday, Aaliyah."

"Thank You."

I Hung Up The Phone And Got Dressed. I Put On My Black Design Shirt With My Blue Skirt Cut At Each End Showing My Thighs And My Black Flats.

Hopping In The Car, 'Pon Di Cocky' By Aidonia Came On And I Was Turnt Driving To Chris House. 5 Minutes Later, I Made It To His House. Before I Knocked On The Door, Yasmine Opened The Door.

"Mommy, Happy Birthday."

"You Remembered."

"No. Daddy Told Me To Say When I Seen You."

"Oh Ok."

I Walked Inside And My Eyes Met Chris Shirtless Walking Downstairs With His Boxers.

Chris

"Hey Yasmine, Did You--"

"Hey Chris."

"Sorry, Aaliyah, I Wasn't Expecting You Now."

"It's Ok."

"Anyways, Yasmine Did You Clean Up Like I Told You."

"Yes I--"

And She Passed Out. Aaliyah Ran And Picked Her Up And Ran Out The Door. I Just Slipped On A Random Shirt And Some Pants With My Sneakers And Ran Outside. We Drove To The Hospital In Time But Yasmine Was Turning Purple. I Banged On The Table Signaling I Needed Help.

The Lady Looked At Me And Called Everyone And They Took Her To The Emergency Room.

"Chris It's Not Your Fault."

"Yes It Is. I Should Have Paid Attention."

"It's Okay. Remember She Was Prematurely Born. This Happens Often."

"Alright. I Will Calm Down."

Yasmine

What Is Going On ? I Can't Breathe. I Can't Move. I Miss Mommy And Daddy. Someone Save Me Please. I'm Not Ready Yet. Then A Light Came Shining Really Bright. It Was My Friend, Christian.

He Died When He Was Abused At Home For Starting A Fight At School. He Was Only 4.

"Christian ?"

"Hi Yasmine. You Are Not Coming Yet."

"But I'm Numb. I Can't Move."

"It's Nautral. Now Go Back To Life. Where You Belong."

"I Miss You, Christian."

"I Miss You Too, Yasmine. In Time."

Turning Around, There Stood Mommy And Daddy Crying Begging Me To Come Back. I Ran Towards Them And They Vanished Away. Huh ? I Heard A Beeping Sound And The Doctors Gasping In Shock.

"Quick. Tell Her Parents."

A Doctor Ran Out The Room And My Parents Came Back. They Ran And Hug Me.

"I Miss You Mommy And Daddy. But I Seen My Friend, Christian In A Light."

"Really ?"

"Who Is Christian ?"

"Dad, Christian Is A Boy From My Kindergarten Class Who Started A Fight And Was Beaten To Death By His Parents."

"It's Okay, Yas."

"It Is. He Is At A Better Place Now."

"How Old Are You ?"

"5."

"You Know Too Much."

"I Think They Call It Smart, Daddy."

"But Can She Leave, Doctor ?"

"Yes. Just Sign These Release Papers."

After They Signed Some Papers, I Was Leaving. We Hopped In The Car And Began To Drive.

"So Where We Going ?"

"It's Mommy Birthday. Time To Turn Up."

They Started Laughing And We Driving To Begin Mommy Birthday. Time To Turn Up.

🌑
🌒
🌓
🌔
🌕
🌖
🌗
🌘
🌑

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE