Chapter One

Chris

"Dr. Brown To Room 207."

"Copy."

I Am Working On A Little Girl Named Yasmine And She Needs A Kidney transplant due to premature birth.

"Umm excuse me, can you tell me where room 207 is ?" the lady said.

"Ok it is--"

I stopped talking after I realized who it was. Aaliyah my ex girlfirend.

"Aaliyah. As I live and breathe."

"Chris. Hi."

I walked her over to Room 207 where little Yasmine was playing with her teddy bear. She kinda look like me. Same eye color, freckles, and skin color.

"Umm.... Aaliyah, how old is Yasmine ?" I asked curiously.

"5."

She is five years old. The same aumont of years Aaliyah and I broke up.

"Ok let's get started on the surgery shall we ?"

"Ok."

I stuck the IV in Yasmine arm and watched as she dozed off to sleep. And I began my work.

******************

Hours later, Yasmine was still sleep. So I gently rested her on the bed and seen Aaliyah sleeping peacefully. So I gently shook her to wake her up. She mumbled something in her sleep and her eyes slowly opened and when she seen me, she smiled.

"I need to ask you a few questions."

"Ok."

"Does your family have a history of kidney failure or kidney transplant ?"

"No."

"Ok. Does Yasmine get mad a lot ?"

"No."

"According to her birth certificate, there is no father on it. Am I correct ?"

"Yes."

"Is her father deadbeat ?"

"No."

"Do you know where he is ?"

"Yea. He is closer than you think."

"Then why did you put his name into the certificate ?"

"Because I don't think his name wants to be on the certificate."

"I think his name wants to be there because he wants credit."

"I guess I can change it."

"Ok that is enough questions for now."

"Thank you."

"I think you should be in contact and tell him what is going on and that he has a daughter. As a matter of fact, go in the bathroom and call him."

"Ok."

Moments later, my phone started buzzing from an unknown number. I picked it up.

"This is Dr. Brown."

"It's you Chris."

"Huh ?"

She came out the bathroom staring at me. I knew it was me. But why didn't she tell me ?

"Why didn't you tell me, Liyah ?"

"Because you seem busy. Working as a doctor."

"But every child needs a father figure in their life."

"But how can I tell her ?"

"I get a two week vacation starting tomorrow. So we could meet in the park around the corner from here."

"Ok."

🌑
🌒
🌓
🌔
🌕
🌖
🌗
🌘
🌑

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE